AVIC411.com

MSN Direct No Signal Problem (while FM works fine)

I live in Houston (good signal area) and just installed F90BT unit on Lexus RX330 with XM radio and have no HD radio. My FM stations seem to be clear, however I have absolutely no signal (not even signal bar) when I go to MSN direct page. If I click status on MSN direct I get constant "Connecting to MSN" message. My installer claims that he plugged FM antenna in the back of the radio.

Anybody has any ideas what can be an issue? Spent some time with Pioneer support, however they were not helpful at all. The only suggestion they had was to separate XM antenna and GPS antenna at least 12 inches. I did that, however no improvement.

Thanks!

PJ

First thing I would do is pull the unit out and verify that the AM/FM antenna is actually plugged in to the unit and not loose.

Also, your car could possibly have an antenna signal booster in it. If so, make sure that the blue ANTENNA power/turnon wire is connected as well.