AVIC411.com

Good Experience upgrade to Z3!

I just wanted to take a sec to share my experience in interacting with another forum member, Garret Toomey. I saw his ad for preloaded Z3 drives (I have a Z1) and ordered one. I had it in my hands two days later and used his instructions and provided tool kit to replace my Z1 drive. It works like a charm and I now have a Z3 along with a bigger and seemingly faster hard drive! He even had helpful suggestions when I couldn't get the darn screws off the hard drive casing.

Given what I've read about Pioneer's discs to perform the upgrade I saved several hours and have a better hard drive for the same money! I highly recommend Garret's services for anyone looking to upgrade their unit to the 2008 maps or to a Z3!

Wow ! it's amazing. a swap of the HD that takes 15 minutes as opposed to 3 hours of loading data. Hmm, i might not purchase the dvd's and maybe go with the new hd .

Besides the faster boot time and the map differences, do you notice any other significant change when using the avic unit? did you do the security bypass?