AVIC411.com

There have already been two updates. Am I the last to know?

Okay, now I'm confused.

In another thread about fixing lost TTS functions, Stephanie (goddess of the F-series hackery) posted a link to the update installation instructions on Pioneer's website, and I took a look, and I see directions that are quite different than the ones I used. I downloaded the update the first day it was released, on July 21st. I actually didn't get around to INSTALLING the F-series until recently though. When I installed it, I used the update that I downloaded 7/21.

The instructions I downloaded then didn't have a TTS folder at the top level, and the TTS functions display themselves differently in the UI (according to the new instructions.) BTW, I don't actually have a TTS problem, but ... the instructions changed, so maybe the actual update did too?

So, I downloaded the update again. I still have the zip file from the first update I downloaded a month ago, so I compared them. They are definitely different.

I looked at the text files in the zip archives. I found only one difference, in LPUE080\LPUE080APL.htm:

First update: downloaded 7/21

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20080714 16:43

Release File : APL

Release Version : 1.001700 20080714

Second update: downloaded 8/21

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20080723 11:38

Release File : APL

Release Version : 1.001700 20080723

It looks to me like there was a second built 7/23, two days AFTER the first update was released. Did I miss something and everyone knew this? It's the same version number -- will the system apply this update? I'll try it tonight.

As for other easy-to-find differences:

The first update has MiTACAP and Testmode directories that are not in the 2nd update. The second update has a TTS directory that is not in the first update.

I will try to figure out the which binary files changed, if any.

Replying to my own thread, I'm talking to myself.

Okay, I get it. They did three things in the second update.

1) They removed the TestMode stuff, so that we wouldn't hack the unit. Oh well, too late.

2) Removed the inappropriate "loading.bmp" image

3) The changed the way the TTS files are delivered. They are the same files though. The original update had them in MiTACAP, the 2nd update in their own TTS directory.

I guess it's no big deal.

Where can I get the test mode directories i deleted the first update i want to try to fix the blue boxes thing, i hope someone can help me get them thanks.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... e&start=30

go to about the middle to the bottom of the page and youll see the zip file for testmode. it was posted by Dericn