AVIC411.com

IS AVIC F-90/900 able to display diff image in rear lcd?

Hey guys long time lurker...

just had a questions i tried search function with no luck.. just wanted to know if this is possible or not.

i have a suv with a rear overhead monitor.... is it possible for the AVIC F-90/900 series to display a different image than what the driver sees?

so play dvd in the rear while driver sees NAVIGATION? or will my rear monitor always show what is shown on the headunit?

is there a hack where this is possible if not already?

or will i have to stick to a dual output unit like Z3 or N5?

sorry if such noob question or already been answered please link me to where i can find it...

thanks for all help in advance.. very helpful forum!

It will only play what the current AV source is on the head unit because it is not dual zone capable. BUT, if you are watching a video you can switch the head unit over to the map and it will leave the rear monitor on the video. You however cannot have 2 AV sources going at once, such as a DVD on the rear screen and ipod on the front.

It will only play what the current AV source is on the head unit because it is not dual zone capable. BUT, if you are watching a video you can switch the head unit over to the map and it will leave the rear monitor on the video. You however cannot have 2 AV sources going at once, such as a DVD on the rear screen and ipod on the front.

thats exactly what i want.. as long as its like NAV/DVD or NAV/IPOD ill be fine.... i dont want two entirely different AV sources to go on at once.....

is that just a standard feature also? or do i need to hack to get that to happen?

thanks again

If you want video on the AVIC display when driving you'll need to do the by-pass

right im aware of the bypass which i see there are tons of threads about it....

so i would just play the normal dvd and just switch it back to navigation and the rear monitor will still be playing a dvd? how do i swtich the rear monitor to show the navigation or sync with what im seeing in the front?

The bypass is not required to display video on an external monitor while in motion. You only need to bypass to get all nav and video on the touch screen while in motion. And I dont think it is possible to display the map on additional monitors.

The ONLY thing that the rear monitor output will display is VIDEO.

Video from the DVD drive, USB port, SD card, ipod, or AV input. If you are using a source that has no video, like AM/FM, Sirius, or ipod audio, nothing will be sent to the rear monitor. Nav function will also not be relayed to the rear screen.

The ONLY thing that the rear monitor output will display is VIDEO.

Video from the DVD drive, USB port, SD card, ipod, or AV input. If you are using a source that has no video, like AM/FM, Sirius, or ipod audio, nothing will be sent to the rear monitor. Nav function will also not be relayed to the rear screen.

thank you again.. that is the answer i am looking for ..

very helpful hifisi.. !