AVIC411.com

Z1 hack stopped working

Hi All.

I searched around but didn't find this question being asked nefore, which is kinda weird.

I recenly downloaded and upgradded my Z1 to the latest firmware, which is already old I guess as I never check for updates normally.

Anyhoo, my hack of flashing the car lights on/off during bootup has stopped working now, i should have guessed that would happen :-(

How can I get round the lockout now (without rewire/reflash)

Thanks for any help

Marcus

Oh, I just saw the sticky thread.

No, I'm not keen enough to go through all that stuff. lol

Thanks for the 2-wire tip though.

Marcus

Well..do the 2 wire bypass, and jump on GarretToomey's Z3 HDD sale, if he has anymore...

VERY much worth every penny...IMO...

The ONLY downside, is that you will have to re-rip your music.... Which is actually even better because his drives are loaded with the latest and greatest updates... and you won't have to run through as many CD's, trying to find their titles...

Seriously, I was floored with the whole exsperience with his Z3 HDD's...

It doesn't get any better IMO...

The best part was that my EQ kept it's settings... probably my most hated thing about doing a hard reset....

Got one of GarretToomey's drives on it's way out to me. I'll do the 2-wire mod and then hopefully I'll be up and running again, minus the bug I've always had with turn calculations.

- Route is calculated quickly but the turn indicator takes up to 5 minutes to appear. Not too bad if you're starting from home and have an idea of the first part of the journey but often return trips from new places require me to sit waiting in a parking lot for a while.

Yes, 5 minutes. Not 30 seconds which feel like 5 minutes, but 5 minutes/8 miles... Painful.

I've found that the Z3 seems alot better in the navigation department...

I was extremely impressed when I came to a huge traffic circle(dunno what they're called....you know...National Lampoon..."look kids, Big Ben"), and it made it easy to find out which exit I should take...

I'm pretty sure my Z2 image didn't do this and just said turn slight right....whereas this time it said when entering the circle take 3rd exit...

hehehe, they're "roundabouts" :wink: I never ran into that problem in North America yet, largely because I only ever seen a few in the States and not One here in Canada at all yet. Well, the Canadians have enough trouble driving in a straight lineso I think a roundabout would produce sparks from their ears.

I never heard of the delayed turn info being an issue from anybody else, I always wonderd if it was a hiccup limited to my own unit.

OMG. I just spent an hour rummaging around behind my Z1 after removing half the dashboard of my Mustang to get to it. I couldn't find the Connector 2 plug. I fugured it had fallen down into the bowells of the dash area when I removed the unit.

But no, it's not even used on my machine. I found it in the originalAVIC box in the store room.

OK, so what is my AVIZ not doing for me without this plug in ?

Probably nothing. If you have factory sterring wheel controls, your adapter would plug into it, backup camera, External input ( I use these for ipod video), bypass. That's about it. I had one guy that did not have the connector at all, so we soldered his bypass wire directly to the pin and used shrink wrap to keep it from shorting other pins.