AVIC411.com

Z1 - PERM FREEZE!! (non-repairable freeze) (updated 1/23/09)

• 5 months later...

Have anyone find a solution to this issues?

Mine did the same (Z1) on and off for more than 2 years, experienced more during summer time. I thought it was due to weather issues, but recently, my screen is completely shot. The issues normally goes away after +/-10 minutes and were able to use the control (button and touch screen). However, now, it would not go away and boots up to where skep described.

• 10 months later...

While i was disecting i also forgot to put the hard drive back in before powering up, i broke my gears inside so now my screen doesnt open! DOH

You can manually open the screen from the bottom of the unit. It will have to be removed from the vehicle to access the manual opening mechanism.

You can manually open the screen from the bottom of the unit. It will have to be removed from the vehicle to access the manual opening mechanism.

Ahh crap! didn't know that. now i need to open mine and see if i can repair the gears. I still am getting the locking up issue though. Has anyone found a fix? If i mess with the ribbon cables it works fine for a little while then starts freezing again. Might try the replacement touchscreen.