AVIC411.com

Remote for the F900

If you dont have steering controls like me you can purchase the Sony RM-X4S wired remote. It works for all the basic controls including source select, band switch, track/station skip, FF/RWD, volume, and volume attenuation and plugs into the wired remote port on the back of the unit. Got mine from crutchfield for 35.00 bucks. If you use my discount code below you will receive 20.00 bucks off.

ps514-0aspb-y4euy

• 2 weeks later...

Will the Sony RM-X4S allow you to change sources/volume before the unit is fully booted or does it suffer from the same delay the touch screen controls have?

I hate it when I park the car at night playing the iPod and have to wait a minute before I can switch to the radio on my way to work in the morning...

vblue42, are the controls reverse? as in, is the volume up counter clockwise? i know the sony's used to be this way, but, you were able to change the settings. I used to love using the wired sony remotes. PAC used to make an adapter so you could use it as a remote control. since the 90bt doesn't accept a remote, it won't work that way. anyway, if it does work the way id like it to, i'm hookin one up.

thanks

Will the Sony RM-X4S allow you to change sources/volume before the unit is fully booted or does it suffer from the same delay the touch screen controls have?

I hate it when I park the car at night playing the iPod and have to wait a minute before I can switch to the radio on my way to work in the morning...

It will change sources and control volume but there is a delay time while in boot up, about a minute or a little less.

vblue42, are the controls reverse? as in, is the volume up counter clockwise? i know the sony's used to be this way, but, you were able to change the settings. I used to love using the wired sony remotes. PAC used to make an adapter so you could use it as a remote control. since the 90bt doesn't accept a remote, it won't work that way. anyway, if it does work the way id like it to, i'm hookin one up.

thanks

And yes, unfortunately the controls are reversed. There is a reprogram function but I haven't gotten it to work. Probably needs to connected to a Sony deck to make it work. It has been a little challenging to get use to it but it is getting easier. I certainly feel it is worth having some kind of remote option with the F series.

• 2 months later...

thanks for this info.

with the "seek" on this remote, do you have to hold in to seek or does it seek as soon as you rotate the knob or do you have to wait a second like on the avic rotary wheel (which only goes up one station number if you press the right and left buttons on the volume wheel). also, about the attenuate button, does it attenuate (make less loud) or completely mute sounds.

and thanks for the code, but its not valid anymore.

i think i may get this because i don't have much room for my thumb when i am trying to turn the volume up and down.