AVIC411.com

You know what would be a great ipod feature on the f-series?

If the artist and album info areas were buttons. So when you are on shuffle all or playing a playlist or something, if you wanted to hear only the songs by the currently playing artist you could just touch the artist name like a button and it would play just the songs by that artist. Or if you wanted to hear all of the other songs on the album of the currently playing song you could just touch the album name like a button and it would play just the songs on that album.

It's never gonna happen... not on these units anyway, but it would be very cool to have and would be a huge time saver.

Aug23_0002.jpg

I wish I had that option on my iPod too... Or am I stupid and it's already there?

No, it's not. Which is probably why there's no way to make something like that work here. You would have to also hack the ipod's user interface as well to create the feature in the first place.

We'll the voice control gives you one of those features - play the artist - will play all the songs from the artist regardless of album.

I find I like the voice control for the iPod better than the screen options - screen options require way too many clicks to hear a song:

Example:

I'm driving - I click the artists tab - I have to look down to scroll to an artist - I click artist - then I get albums or all songs - if I click all songs - it still doesn't play anthing until I touch a song in the list.

Way too much figiting and eye's off the road just to use the buttons to play a song, whereas the voice control does this with one button press. Can the 8120 do that?

Just my .02$

Thanks,

You are right though (voice control does both album and artist) - It would be great if there was a button option as you mentioned above that does what the voice control does. That should be too difficult for them to add to the unit - should just be a firmware update since the button would do exactly the same thing the voice control does - just call the same method.

I agree - this would be great - especially when you have passengers in the car and are too embarassed to use the voice control.