AVIC411.com

Hey All

Installed my F700BT today, everything appears to be in working order except for Sirius. The unit activated, shows the name of what song is playing, station name.. everything.. except the audio!

Its pretty weird, I'd expect the issue to either not recognize Sirius at all or for it to work, but not this weirdness I'm getting now.

I did try another IPBUS cable; now i'm not sure what to double check next. It should also be mentioned that when I'm in Sirius listening mode, I don't get any of the system sounds like when I press a button.

Thanks for the help :)

The IP-BUS cable is directional. If you have it installed backwards, it might show that the unit is working and controllable but not put any sound through. The IP-BUS cable ends are color coded to show what goes where.

BUT... since you say that you do not get any system sounds when it is the selected source, I'm going to venture another guess, which is more likely given the info you have provided.

I'm going to guess that you are either an external amplifier (aftermarket or factory) and you have used the power antenna wire as the amp turn on circuit instead of the system remote wire. The power antenna wire is only powered on when the AM/FM radio is the selected source, so that would be the only time your audio would work in that case. To fix that without taking teunit out to rewire it, just go in to the AV SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and turn the ANT CTRL setting from RADIO to POWER. That will make it so the power antenna lead is powered on at all times rather than just with the AM/FM radio.

Give that a shot and see if it works. If it doesn't, check the direction of the IP-BUS cable.

The IP-BUS cable is directional. If you have it installed backwards, it might show that the unit is working and controllable but not put any sound through. The IP-BUS cable ends are color coded to show what goes where.

BUT... since you say that you do not get any system sounds when it is the selected source, I'm going to venture another guess, which is more likely given the info you have provided.

I'm going to guess that you are either an external amplifier (aftermarket or factory) and you have used the power antenna wire as the amp turn on circuit instead of the system remote wire. The power antenna wire is only powered on when the AM/FM radio is the selected source, so that would be the only time your audio would work in that case. To fix that without taking teunit out to rewire it, just go in to the AV SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and turn the ANT CTRL setting from RADIO to POWER. That will make it so the power antenna lead is powered on at all times rather than just with the AM/FM radio.

Give that a shot and see if it works. If it doesn't, check the direction of the IP-BUS cable.

You hit the nail on the head with both. The factory BOSE amp was soldered in with the in-glass antenna amplifier turn-on in my car. Little did I know that the radio would be smart and turn the antenna amp (and factory amp) off when not in use.

As for the IPBUS cable, I plead the fifth. After it made its way to the right friggin side to the Pioneer interface, loe and behold I had audio.

Thanks for being so prompt in a response :)

winnerisyou.jpg

Now I need to fix the illumination cable (of the two in the wire harness, I picked the wrong one :/) and upgrade the firmware. The bluetoof is OBNOXIOUISLY LOUD.. and I think I read that the firmware update makes all that work good and proper.