AVIC411.com

Does Your Phone Ring?

When placing a call with my iPhone 3G, I don't ever hear the phone ring through the F-Series. The music mutes, but it is completely silent until the other person answers the phone.

Other iPhone users, do you have the same issue?

Other Phone users, is this how your phone works also?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it is a quirk of the way GSM phones work? If I look at my phone, it doesn't show the call as connected until the other party picks up. I'll hear ringing of course in the earpiece but the GSM system won't log the call as connected till they pick up the phone... I don't know where the ringing sound comes from though, if that's generated inside the handset or if it actually comes from the phone company.

So maybe that's the source of the bug; that the nav unit doesn't connect the audio until after the phone signals that the call has connected.

I only hear the phone ring when I dial from my phone. If I dial out through the F-series or call from the contact list, I do not hear any ringing.

I have a blackberry 8800 phone.

I have already turned my bluetooth off. It frustrated me more than I enjoyed it. Too many bugs/issues.

• 2 months later...