AVIC411.com

Does Your Phone Ring?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Was there ever a fix mine still doesnt ring. I have an att tilt. If i place a call through the radio and hold the phone to my ear the phone is rining. just not throug the radio seems bt doesnt pick up till the phone call is picked up. I did hardware mod bypass and a few simple map hacks. it didnt work before the map hacks. I have always had the hardware bypass though.

The funny thing is mine actually did ring through the system upon making a call but it just stopped working at some point for no apparent reason and hasn't worked but a couple of random times.

Do you have the hardware mod bypass. Im just trying to find something poeple have in common that make it not work. I would assume something as easy as this would have came up in quality control. But you never know.

The funny thing is mine actually did ring through the system upon making a call but it just stopped working at some point for no apparent reason and hasn't worked but a couple of random times.

Do you have the hardware mod bypass. Im just trying to find something poeple have in common that make it not work. I would assume something as easy as this would have came up in quality control. But you never know.

Yes, and the problem started before I started moding my unit.

Yes, and the problem started before I started moding my unit.

It seems to be a compatibility issue. I have the att tilt which wont ring. I tried my wifes samsung black jacks and it rings like a champ perfect. Both runnings windows mobile. I sent an email off to both pioneer and HTC maker of the att tilt. Asking if there is any know compatiablity problems and if there is any channels to go through to get this looked at.

I got a nice reply back from htc and I have to agree with them. I did some more testing today and my htc works with MS sync, my jawbone headset, going to test it tomorrow on a lexus navigation that runs an ecplise series. So far all fingers point to pioneer. here is the msg back from HTC

We understand that it is important you receive all the information to best utilize your device. When it comes to Bluetooth on our devices, if it connects and you are able to talk, then it is working. Any further features, sounds, etc. are on the headset’s side. The options that our device provide are either “hands-free†or “stereoâ€. Neither of these determines if the headset will ring or not, unfortunately. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the headset.

While I don't own this little gem of a head unit....yet.

I have had the chance to use plenty of blue tooth devices on the phone accessorie side of the market.

Motorola DOES seem to have more of the little things such as beeps for notifications, and assigning buttons that access the phone from the blue tooh device. (volume, voice dial, ect.) While other phones seem to be catching on, it was also mentioned that the "standard" for bluetooth doesn't realy include the little things as a "must have" in order to be considered bluetooth compliant. Which is why HTC told you if it connects and you can talk, we did our job and its working.

While I don't own this little gem of a head unit....yet.

I have had the chance to use plenty of blue tooth devices on the phone accessorie side of the market.

Motorola DOES seem to have more of the little things such as beeps for notifications, and assigning buttons that access the phone from the blue tooh device. (volume, voice dial, ect.) While other phones seem to be catching on, it was also mentioned that the "standard" for bluetooth doesn't realy include the little things as a "must have" in order to be considered bluetooth compliant. Which is why HTC told you if it connects and you can talk, we did our job and its working.

Correct. But if it connects it should still ring while you are placing a call. Its like the head unit isnt picking up the bt until the phone connects. Either htc is missing a command or the unit is not listening for it or listening for a differnt one. Im still looking into this.

I am almost positive it is the unit. As I stated earlier, when I first installed the unit it did ring when making a call. It just stopped working at about the second week and on a brief occasion will, out of nowhere, ring when I make a call. Then I wont hear it again. To me it seems like a buggy issue with the unit, not the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

New avic user here and getting no outgoing ring on my SE C905.

I have the hardware bypass mod, Just thinking it could be somthing to do with the mute being put into the ground with the handbrake wire?

Also its very slow to act on my unit. I cant find a red "end call" button anywhere! When i use the part where you type the number in manually the bottom right button stays green so i have no way of ending the call! Not impressed. :(

• 1 month later...

This happens with my UK C905 and UK F700BT too. I think it is the BT communication between the avic and 905. My old W910i worked fine. Hopefully it will be sorted in a future update - but I'm not holding my breath!

The BT implementation on the 905 seems more advanced than the w810i - it seems the avic can't cope with that - shame.

Sometimes I don't get the dialogue buttons either, no hangup/volume.