AVIC411.com

Is the boot up time acceptable?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is the boot up time acceptable?

• Yes, absolutly fine.
    • Its ok, could be better.
    • Its somewhat ok, maybe if they got rid of the message.
    • Its not satisfactory.
    • I have to retrain myself from putting my fist through the screen.

Just a quick poll to see if I am too anal, or if the bootup time is really as annoying as I imagine it to be. I drive 10 mile spurts to work and back so maybe that makes a difference.

*edit: retrain myself = refrain.

LOL you really hate the boot time. Agreed man, it does suck, but hey maybe there's a way to shorten it...and from what i read, the EU FW update shortened it to about 30 seconds full function. There is hope for you :lol:

@ CatchMeIfYouCan631:

Hi,

I am from germany (EU !). Have just made the update on 0019 FW. Sorry, but nothing has changed to boot time. Everything remains the same. I had so much expectations in that boot issue, but it charged over 200MB data with no essential benefit. I can not understand why Pioneer does not react. A few looks into forums like this may be motivation enough but....

for me it's unacceptable, especially if i use my wifes car and then later mine. her kenwood kit starts in a couple seconds and about 20 seconds later the gps and phone is ready for use...

when i had my merc with the becker that one was even faster. almost instant up and running. so no pioneer did a bad job with the f-series.

i'm thinking in over clocking the processor and go through the code to make it faster. what i saw in the code so far is very very bad programming

Just a quick poll to see if I am too anal, or if the bootup time is really as annoying as I imagine it to be. I drive 10 mile spurts to work and back so maybe that makes a difference.

*edit: retrain myself = refrain.

LOL you really hate the boot time. Agreed man, it does suck, but hey maybe there's a way to shorten it...and from what i read, the EU FW update shortened it to about 30 seconds full function. There is hope for you :lol:

@ CatchMeIfYouCan631:

Hi,

I am from germany (EU !). Have just made the update on 0019 FW. Sorry, but nothing has changed to boot time. Everything remains the same. I had so much expectations in that boot issue, but it charged over 200MB data with no essential benefit. I can not understand why Pioneer does not react. A few looks into forums like this may be motivation enough but....

i fully agree. the 1.00019 update didn't do any thing for the boot time... on the eu pioneer site it's even back to 1.00016 firmware version. :roll: