AVIC411.com

Need help convincing installer!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
I'm gonna go ahead and have my install shop install my AVIC-N3, GEX-P5700TV, and CD-VC1 Voice Command Pack into my car on May 15. I talked to one of the installers a month or two ago (before I even got my AVIC-N3 from eBay) and he said that he DID know about "a[n A/V] bypass" for the AVIC-N3 but he just wouldn't do it, for legal purposes. He is listed on Pioneer's "Installers" page for the N3, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. In fact, he told me that there were hack sites "out there on the Net" that could be found. (Hence, I found this one.)

So... what I'm thinking now is that I want to try to present him with a "disclaimer" or something that we can sign that releases him from liability if I get in an accident with a PROPERLY installed system and PROPERLY executed bypass. I wouldn't hold him responsible for doing something he's not supposed to do just because I requested it - I'm the one that wants the bypass.

Can anyone help me put a good disclaimer together? Especially you installers out there, I think you really know what there is to "worry about" legally. Oh yeah - of course I'm not disclaiming him from ANY accident from the NAV system, but an accident where the equipment IS properly installed and bypassed, and/or one where the directions tell me to turn and there's no street or driveway (like in the commercial, ha).

The install shop is "Sound Waves, Inc."; the car is a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R (has a manual tranny, if it matters); the equipment is Pioneer AVIC-N3, GEX-P5700TV, and CD-VC1. My name is Michael Reaves; I can put a blank line if we need the actual installer's name(s).
Nope, I wouldn't do it myself... I'm horrible with taking things apart and putting them together again (as the car's service manual says you have to do with the console to my car to get to the radio), and, I'm just "mechanically inept." I'd have extra parts left when I was done. I'm all there with the features and operating it once it's installed and everything, but the install itself - I'll leave it to a pro. I want everything in one piece when everything is said and done. But, I want that bypass, too, lol.

Yes, I did think about doing it myself, but that's just not a good idea, lol.
[quote name="Guest"]I'm gonna go ahead and have my install shop install my AVIC-N3, GEX-P5700TV, and CD-VC1 Voice Command Pack into my car on May 15. I talked to one of the installers a month or two ago (before I even got my AVIC-N3 from eBay) and he said that he DID know about "a[n A/V] bypass" for the AVIC-N3 but he just wouldn't do it, for legal purposes. He is listed on Pioneer's "Installers" page for the N3, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. In fact, he told me that there were hack sites "out there on the Net" that could be found. (Hence, I found this one.)

So... what I'm thinking now is that I want to try to present him with a "disclaimer" or something that we can sign that releases him from liability if I get in an accident with a PROPERLY installed system and PROPERLY executed bypass. I wouldn't hold him responsible for doing something he's not supposed to do just because I requested it - I'm the one that wants the bypass.

Can anyone help me put a good disclaimer together? Especially you installers out there, I think you really know what there is to "worry about" legally. Oh yeah - of course I'm not disclaiming him from ANY accident from the NAV system, but an accident where the equipment IS properly installed and bypassed, and/or one where the directions tell me to turn and there's no street or driveway (like in the commercial, ha).

The install shop is "Sound Waves, Inc."; the car is a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R (has a manual tranny, if it matters); the equipment is Pioneer AVIC-N3, GEX-P5700TV, and CD-VC1. My name is Michael Reaves; I can put a blank line if we need the actual installer's name(s).[/quote]

Where is this sound waves located ? City and state
Guest mikey38654-incognito
Hmm, I thought about that... but I was wondering if having the switch flipped and NOT having the e-brake grounded (in case I couldn't get it done) would be a problem. Would it function as "normal" (without bypass) with the switch flipped and the ebrake wire connected "properly" as per Pioneer's instructions?
[quote name="mikey38654-guest"]Sound Waves is on Stage Rd. (Hwy. 64) in Memphis, TN.[/quote]
I am the head salesperson here at sound waves in memphis , Please contact me if you need this done . I will help take care of you . Just ask for Buddy Bell ..................... 901-377-1001
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The reason why installer wouldn't do it is pure liability. If you kill yourself while driving and watching a movie - he is liable. Waivers are no good in case of death, and your estate will be able to sue installer no matter what you signed.

Just some advice so people would know why things are done in certain way :)
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="mikey38654-incognito"]Hmm, I thought about that... but I was wondering if having the switch flipped and NOT having the e-brake grounded (in case I couldn't get it done) would be a problem. Would it function as "normal" (without bypass) with the switch flipped and the ebrake wire connected "properly" as per Pioneer's instructions?[/quote]

anyone have an answer to this question? btw. OP how did it work out in the end? let us know! thanks.
  • 1 month later...