AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Here you go.. in png-24 format. You will need to size and convert

Thanks... It looks great but is off center when I load it into the navi. How do i move it to the right a little?

P.s. Is it possible to add a red tail light effect in photoshop to this image. I think it would look even cooler on the screen.

Thanks again?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a red tail light effect.. can you describe what it is you are looking for a little more please?

Thanks, I want it to look like the tail lights are lit up as if they were turned on or braking. What do you think of using this image.... could be cool and the lights are already lit up. I would just need help to remove the background from the image.

DSC_0709-1.jpg

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a red tail light effect.. can you describe what it is you are looking for a little more please?

Thanks, I want it to look like the tail lights are lit up as if they were turned on or braking. What do you think of using this image.... could be cool and the lights are already lit up. I would just need help to remove the background from the image.

DSC_0709-1.jpg

If anyone gets a chance I would really like to see what this image would look like in the navi. I would really appreciate someone skilled to help to thoroughly remove the background from the above image.

Thanks

This was one of the first mods I did and I have been pleased with it. Yesterday something odd began to happen when in 3D mode. The map begins with the new icon in the correct place and moving as it should. BUT, I can see underneath it the tips of the red arrow. After a short distance, the red arrow will come out from under neath my custom icon and go on its way alone leaving my custom icon to sit at the starting point.

I cannot think of any mods that I have recently done that would effect the arrow, the custom icon or the way they work.

Any suggestions? This is ONLY in 3D mode.

Thanks,

T

UPDATE: Found it... I had added some code for the tilt angle in 3D and some how changed some other stuff.

^ I made one for ya but can't attach it ...

How come .bpm files are not allowed?

Iran into a similar issue when trying to attach a bmp. My workaround was to create a zip folded and place the bmp in there. It worked just fine.

Since you appear to have some graphic skills, may I ask you a favor? I have Breast Cancer Research Ribbon that I display on my unit. I'd like to have the ribbon cut out so that only the ribbon with white glow is visible. If you can do that it would be much appreciated. I'm attaching it to this thread. If you want you can just remove it and place your bmp in there for the other member.

bmp.zip

I figure I should post something on here because I have taken so much info from you guys. These are what I am using for my nav screen. They are photos of my truck that I tweaked a bit. So anyone with an F-150 or I guess if you just want a truck on your screen feel free to use these

I am using the first one for 2d and the second image for 3d in case you could not tell.

Thanks for the F-150 icons