AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely new to hacking and modifying my unit...so I apologize if this is a dumb question...but what exactly is this data.zip file and how to i get to it. Thanks in advance for the help.

spend the day reading the hacks/mods section of this board before you attempt any hacks.. you need to know alot more before you begin to touch your unit

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've got all of my car image edited in Photoshop Elements 5.0 and have it pretty clean, but I cannot seem to get a channel pallet... :(

I need to make the backgound transparent somehow.

1999 Corvette

can someone help me? either instruction or a helping hand and a few minutes to make both day and night car and shadows

Thanks to anyone that can help.

post-30749-12872757377039_thumb.jpg

not a c omplete newbie here. been hacking into stuff all my life.. I've only had the AVIC F90BT for about a week but already have had sucess with the vid/nav bypass. Been buried with all of the custom install . Dash mods, LED lighting inside and out, custom paint, and a whole lot more in the works. Trying to get it all done before a local car show coming up....

WORK WORK WORK!!!

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this site that makes everythinng so much better for the rest of us.. I hope that someone makes great progress with the 3D car icons with a rear view of a car.

I have the full size Photoshop file if anyone could help me out. :D

davemcafee@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I am now convinced that I am an idiot. Have have started from scratch 3 times with the MOD to replace the 3d arrow with a custom photo from tried Stephanie's instructions. Every time I try the system locks up. The only thing I thought I could be doing wrong was regarding placement of the line in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file. Stephanie's instructions have me place in the first however due to other MODs, my first has changed. So I tried both putting the line in the current first and tried putting it in the that would have been first on the stock file. neither one works. I Have attached the relivent files. If anyone has some spare time at some point, could you please review my work for stupidity?

Thanks in advance,

• 4 weeks later...

I shot Stephanie a PM but figured I should ask here too and see if anybody else could help.

I followed your instructions on page 4 and am finding myself having some trouble... I was hoping you could offer some guidance as I have double checked my work twice and can't seem to get what should be easy.

I have a car3d.bmp file that I created which is a picture of my car from the back. The .bmp was created per the instructions on page 1 of this thread.

I added the following to the bottom of sys.txt...

[map]

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=30

3dcarsizemax=40

3dcarsizemul=20

I placed my car images in the ui_pioneer\800_480 folder in data.zip.

I added the following line to navigatemap_800_480 in ui_pioneer\800_480\ui in the top layer secion (I have other code here for speed limit signs, altitude, etc).

In ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui I searched for . I also searched for . No double quotes in the file, only the single quote around 'car3d.y 1340' or 'car3d.y 340'.

All saved back to data.zip and moved oved to the AVIC and I never get a successful boot. In reading the first post in the thread I decided to also put the picture of my car named as daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp and replace what was already there... that felt like a long shot but didn't work either, so I backed it out.

Can you help me get this going? I'd really appreciate the help. I'm sure that I'm missing a small step somewhere but can't figure out where as I've re-read the thread 5 or 6 times. When I make this mod and boot my unit will hang on the boot screen. Audio works, no map. Several minutes later reboot. I simply back the change out and all works on the old data.zip but I really think that this is a cool mod to have. Thanks for your time!!!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...