AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Would someone mind seeing if this is correct?

TIA

which one?

1.) is there a day and a night for the 3d car???

2.) I've seen mention that you can modify the tilt angle of the 3d map. Can you go as far as ground level as if you were looking at the car from behind?

TIA

1)no

2)yes

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man,

You are way too fast.

I had problems getting my file to upload. Must be my newbie period are something.

Check my previous post and it should have a link to the files now.

Edit: I'm not sure if I did the background with the alpha channel properly. My first photochop

:D

Man,

You are way too fast.

I had problems getting my file to upload. Must be my newbie period are something.

Edit: I'm not sure if I did the background with the alpha channel properly. My first photochop

looks good, try it out then see if you had the alpha channels set,

Man,

You are way too fast.

It worked , but I have a white background.... I put the image on a tranlucent background.

Also, I had to insert the files into my good data.zip. If I used one I let windows create then the unit would give me a windows error and then reboot after about 2 minutes. Is there a write up on how to properly make a data.zip file???

Now How do I get rid of the white background??? Also can I make the car a tad smaller? Do I have to do it photshop are can I edit the data.zip

Man,

You are way too fast.

It worked , but I have a white background.... I put the image on a tranlucent background.

Also, I had to insert the files into my good data.zip. If I used one I let windows create then the unit would give me a windows error and then reboot after about 2 minutes. Is there a write up on how to properly make a data.zip file???

Now How do I get rid of the white background??? Also can I make the car a tad smaller? Do I have to do it photshop are can I edit the data.zip

to get rid of the white background, using photoshop, click the parts of the image that you don't want to show up then select inverse and then go to channels tab and add alpha mask,

I've had some challenges getting this going and have checked my code over and over. I'm assuming that I have a bad .bmp file and am hoping that someone can help me make one the right way. Attached is a copy of my truck (two images in a .zip file, both 3d) from the back that I'd like to use for the 3d car, can someone help me make an image???

Thanks!!!!

Man,

You are way too fast.

hello idt ,please can you post your data with cars replacing the arrow or if it is not an inconvenience ,tell me what I have to replace in your data, I have tried per days to change the arrow but this it is for intelligent persons not for idiots as me. Thank you

Man,

You are way too fast.

hello idt ,please can you post your data with cars replacing the arrow or if it is not an inconvenience ,tell me what I have to replace in your data, I have tried per days to change the arrow but this it is for intelligent persons not for idiots as me. Thank you

aer you reffering to 2d cars? not sure what you ae asking for, also, i'm not intelligent, i just read a lot and try a lot,

idt believe me that I have read and tried to do it, but cannot do it, I refer to 3d car

Thank you

here's the link to the process http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17490&start=45#p116696,

personally i don't like the BMP pasted on the top of the arrow , i don't know if anyone has encounterd slow drawing time of the map and lagging issue when i used a bmp for the 3D vieew,

So are you a 350 owner too? or just fancy something different to the boring triangle?

doh sorry, missed this post earlier. :oops: Not quite a 350, its a 150 :P . F-150. :mrgreen: Yea just trying to replace the boring arrow. I tried it once but the image wouldnt appear. Not sure I understand the hole alpha mask/layer stuff.

Is there anybody who can double check my work (see a couple posts up). I tried creating a new .bmp file thinking that the file may be corrupt and wasn't able to make any progress. I then tried Steph's .bmp file and had the same problem... "System startup in progress. Please wait." Several minutes later the system reboots.

Thanks for the help!!!