AVIC411.com

Avic Feeds Download Page

Has anybody installed this version?

Which Release No is this Version

It's version 1, and it works as advertised now that Google Maps is working with it. I find this app quite useful actually, as I can recount a dozen times that I plotted an address (or a plethora of POI's) from my home computer but could never transfer that information to my car GPS.

This elegantly provides this service.

That said the settings replicator is useless IMHO. The POI editor is kinda cool though.

Hi all,

the Help section of the navgate program is pretty useless as it does explain how to use the program (self explanatory though), but it does NOT explain how to link it with the Avic ?!?!?

I ve created a personalized Icon for POI. Found out (by myself) it is stored on the computer under "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\AVICFeeds\icon", but then... how do i transfer it to the Avic ?

I tried to copy it to the SD card, but then couldn't find a way to import from the SD to the avic... any help ?

Thanks,

Hi all,

the Help section of the navgate program is pretty useless as it does explain how to use the program (self explanatory though), but it does NOT explain how to link it with the Avic ?!?!?

I ve created a personalized Icon for POI. Found out (by myself) it is stored on the computer under "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\AVICFeeds\icon", but then... how do i transfer it to the Avic ?

I tried to copy it to the SD card, but then couldn't find a way to import from the SD to the avic... any help ?

Thanks,

I would like to know this as well. I posted a question in the hack section asking.

Once you load your .csv file hit the CONVERT button. This will take you to the next page to edit/select the icon. There, click on the icon image to the right and it will allow you to pick a factory icon or a custom icon. Once the icon is selected save the file to your computer or SD card.

sorry that was the wrong question for me.

My problem is, i have garmin POIs in csv and they have more than 300 locations per file. If i convert them to KML using POI Editor (since AF is limited to 300 locations) how can i attach the icon for them? Someone did it for the Speed cams. If i have to use AF to attach, how do i edit the csv file to break it into 300 item parts? Excel gives me an error when i re-save.

sorry that was the wrong question for me.

My problem is, i have garmin POIs in csv and they have more than 300 locations per file. If i convert them to KML using POI Editor (since AF is limited to 300 locations) how can i attach the icon for them? Someone did it for the Speed cams. If i have to use AF to attach, how do i edit the csv file to break it into 300 item parts? Excel gives me an error when i re-save.

If you have a KML file you could either import it from the AVIC itself (on the destination screen there is an icon to import from SD/USB) or go into the test mode and copy KML files into IGO\Content\Userdata\POI folder. Then open Manage POI screen on AVIC and select the icon you want.

I dont mind keeping the KML on the SD. I know i can just copy the KML into my POI folder on SD but it wont have an icon. For instance i took my bestbuy poi and just put it in on my SD in the POI folder and went to avic and it loaded but it didnt have my bestbuy icon.

I just need to know how i should save the icons if i dont use avic feeds to create the files, is it even possible? My problem is avic feeds doesnt accept files that have more than 300 items in it.

I believe you need to have a folder named USERICON on the SD card. inside, you would put BMP files for the icon. KML file should have thу ico nreference.

Yes thats what i'm looking for, how do i reference the icon in KML...how do i even open a KML file :?

This is what i did for small files. I opened csv in excel and kept cutting off the first 300 rows and saving. I then take those files and convert them to kml using poieditor.com then i put those in avicfeeds and add the icon. then save to pc. But i noticed my icons dont show up on f900. Do i supposed to move those icons onto my sd card as well? Why doesnt avic feeds do that for me?

I believe you need to have a folder named USERICON on the SD card. inside, you would put BMP files for the icon. KML file should have thу ico nreference.

Yes thats what i'm looking for, how do i reference the icon in KML...how do i even open a KML file :?

ЛЬДы are just straight text files (XML of sorts). When you open the ЛЬД file (Notepad works fine, or you could use your preferred XML editor you will see something like this:

icon20080828-215246.BMP

Red Light Camera

Red Light Camera .01xbd

-96.731280, 43.546020

icon20080828-215246.BMP

SD Sioux Falls poi-factory Jul09 08

tag is what specifies the bitmap iGO will use for the POI.

One at the level will set theicon that shows for the entire category. If you set one for it will be the icon for subcategory, and finally one for will let you set individual icon for each POI if you feel like it.