AVIC411.com

Voice Guidence and Audio?

I kind of wished that did that on the F Series. I rented a Chrysler Aspen and the built in navigation would only come out the front driver side speaker, leaving the music and such normal out of the other speaks so the guidance didn't bother your passengers.

Why? If you want voice guidance over the top of your audio just set the unit to attenuate the audio output when giving instructions (it's under Settings -> A/V Settings).

For whatever reason, this setting button has always been disabled for me. Of course the physical mute connection in the wiring harness is disconnected (because I moved the wire for the bypass), but I can't imagine that's the reason.

Am I the only one who can't access the mute items in the settings?

You have to turn all A/V sources off first before you can change that (who knows why, it sounds like another bug to me).
What does it mean to turn them off? My only A/V source is AM/FM. I don't have any of the add-ons.

press the menu button. hit the big orange note. press off. then change the setting

Duh! I was about to reply with "What the #@^%@ are you talking about?" but I decided to go outside and actually look first -- never noticed that "off" button before. And I suppose that was in the manual too.

Anyway, thanks.