AVIC411.com

Quick question after the parking brake hack

Hi. Got my D2 installed by a local shop with the hack enabled.

Just a quick question : some of the navigation buttons are still disabled when the vehicle is moving - for example, I can't enter in a new address, etc. Some of the buttons work, some don't light up until I am fully stopped. I don't have to lift up on the parking brake at any time, so I think the hack is working, but I just wanted to confirm that this is normal behavior.

Thanks in advance.
Your shop did it wrong.

The D2 (and Z1 and N3) are smart enough to know that you are moving even if the parking brake is grounded by using the built in gyroscope and the nav satellites.

You also need to stick a wire into the empty pin in the wiring harness and ground that wire too.

All navigation and video functions will be available after you do that.
[quote name="sportsfan21"]Your shop did it wrong.

The D2 (and Z1 and N3) are smart enough to know that you are moving even if the parking brake is grounded by using the built in gyroscope and the nav satellites.

You also need to stick a wire into the empty pin in the wiring harness and ground that wire too.

All navigation and video functions will be available after you do that.[/quote]

So after I stick a wire into the empty pin, can I connect that to the parking wire (since the parking wire is already grounded) ? Thanks.