AVIC411.com

:x What the hell. After 2 months of frustration, sluggish screen, BT problems, and update which removed my TTS (yes i followed the directions and tried to re-install from TTS file). Yesterday the screen went blank just after splash screen came up. Cannot get it to boot. Now all I am left with is my alternator whine. Any suggestions?
:x What the hell. After 2 months of frustration, sluggish screen, BT problems, and update which removed my TTS (yes i followed the directions and tried to re-install from TTS file). Yesterday the screen went blank just after splash screen came up. Cannot get it to boot. Now all I am left with is my alternator whine. Any suggestions?

hook it up in a different car :) dunno maybe something broke it.... whats with the alternator whine? is that new?

hook it up in a different car :) dunno maybe something broke it.... whats with the alternator whine? is that new?

Nothing in his car would prevent it from booting...unless his car battery died and it doesnt have the power to fully power the unit, and the altenator whine is an issue among many different vehicles, he had to have had the whine prior to his unit dying

I had the whine since install, but could only hear it when not using audio. Now I have no music, so hence the whine is driving me crazy. This is the last straw for me. This Pioneer sucks, period. My dealer is going to send it back. Kenwood here I come. Good luck to the rest of you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with my F900 recently. The startup screen would keep rebooting itself every 5 seconds. I called Pioneer and they told me to take it in for warranty service. The closest Pioneer service center to me was in Columbus, OH and luckily I have to go to Columbus quite often for work. I dropped it off and Pioneer mailed me back my unit 2 days later. The unit is working fine now. I also noticed that all my TTS voices are gone now. I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it.

Yea mine is having this problem without me hacking it or anything, it just died. And to make matters even better, I got mine brand new off ebay, just as im sure a lot of people did, so I'm unable to return it so I'm really banking off the fact that Pioneer actually has a fix for this that I can apply, because I've already sent them an email and they never responded. Cool.