AVIC411.com

Zoom in/out softkeys?

There are references to the zoom functions, but I'm not sure if they're active or not. I'm in the process of re-skinning my unit, and have been playing around with a new paradigm for how zoom is displayed and controlled, so I'll let you know if I find something that works.

Why would you need to when the volume button does it as well? Seems kinda redundant.

Dumb question, when on the map screen, my volume control doesn't control my zoom. It is controlling my ipod, so songs change and turning it controls my volume.

So how do you use it for zooming in?

Tilt the volume knob up to zoom in, tilt it down to zoom out.

Tilting it left and right will move to the next or previous track, on the iPod or CD.

As far as putting soft zoom buttons on the screen, it is probably possible. It would take some searching though - it's easy to add buttons or other visual elements, the trick is making them do something useful. You could search all the script files in data.zip to find something that controls the zoom level; it would be in

I haven't noticed any zoom scripts in my exploration but I haven't been specifically looking for them.

I think I found the controls for soft buttons to zoom in and out. I have not tested this, but I found these in the place_800_480.ui file:

What you can see is the onClick command starts the zoom in/out process and the onRelease command stops the zoom in/out process. The function START_STOP_ZOOM has two binary arguments. The second one is 0 to stop and 1 to start, and the first one is 0 to zoom in and 1 to zoom out.

You can take this code and stick it in your navigatemap_800_480.ui file, change the bmps if you want to make your own, or use text instead of graphic buttons.

Cheers!