AVIC411.com

F900 install in a Ford Lightning

Hey Jec,

What dash kit did you use to trim out the HU? I have an '02 Harley F150 with the same DIN and half dash and wondered how much cutting you had to do to get her in there? I know it's not toooo bad but yours looks good and thats what I want. :D

It's an American International FMK552 kit. Set it to the 2nd setting and it fits perfectly. The plastic piece that the stereo holds onto is what you have to cut. You have to cut about 1/2 inch on the top to make room for the Double din. It really didnt take more then 10 minutes with a dremel.

Hey Jec,

What dash kit did you use to trim out the HU? I have an '02 Harley F150 with the same DIN and half dash and wondered how much cutting you had to do to get her in there? I know it's not toooo bad but yours looks good and thats what I want. :D

It's an American International FMK552 kit. Set it to the 2nd setting and it fits perfectly. The plastic piece that the stereo holds onto is what you have to cut. You have to cut about 1/2 inch on the top to make room for the Double din. It really didnt take more then 10 minutes with a dremel.

right on thanks for the tip!

It was the only thing keeping my lazy ass from going down and buying and AVIC and whacking it in, well that and the thousand bucks...lol.

Cheers!