AVIC411.com

Moving contact from Iphone...

Hi, newbie here :wink:

Basically it is compatible... you can pair the iphone for calls etc.... but apple have not allowed the Bluetooth to be used for data transmission... so the contacts can not be sent from the phone...

I found this thread poking around for the same answer... I'd really like to know this too... using another phone I managed to get my contacts across... but each phone book is exclusive to the phone paired so no good for my iphone... I know there is a third party app for the iphone to transfer contacts too and from sim cards, but, for the same reason, will not help either... so I'm hoping pioneer will either sort this out with an update, or someone comes up with a third party solution for the iphone as apple is not allowing data transmission via Bluetooth...

I'm keeping my ear to the ground... I'll post if I find anything...

Any other thoughts? it is a shame you can't just port contact info via the SD or something... or share phonebooks between phones... :(

:cry:

And what happened to:

Incredible new high res interface

All flash based (no nav dvd or cd)

All F series have integrated Bluetooth that auto pulls all contacts from the phone, iPhone included, I tested it.

SD Card slot for music/videos

USB connection for iPod/iPhone (videos work too)

Voice Command and Text to speech thanks to VoiceBox Technologies (similar to Microsoft Sync)

MSN Direct for gas prices/traffic/movie times/weather (only on F900)

Much better mapping, including 3D maps.

(Found on another forum... but ripped from somewhere on here!)

It works fine, but it's a little cryptic. When you initiate the phonebook transfer process a pop-up will display on the screen that says something to the effect of "send contacts from your phone". The iPhone isn't capable of that, so hit cancel, which will automatically start the import process and pull all of the contacts off the phone.

It works fine, but it's a little cryptic. When you initiate the phonebook transfer process a pop-up will display on the screen that says something to the effect of "send contacts from your phone". The iPhone isn't capable of that, so hit cancel, which will automatically start the import process and pull all of the contacts off the phone.

That means after pressing Cancel my contact book on the iphone will be transfered to the F900. My understanding was that apple has restricted any data load via bluetooth. Or do you mean that there may be alternative "exits" in the iphone perhaps via USB connection....? Tomorrow I will have checked it. Third party programs cannot easily be loaded due to app store regulations. I think Apple will not allow program access via Itunes while these tools may bypass Apples' BT philosophy...

Thanks for your comments .

have just paired iphone 3G FW 2.0 to F900BT. Anything running proper but moving contacts is not possible though iphone is mentioned in Pioneers' "Compatible telephony features" - list. Does someone has experienced that failure ?

how is this a hack/mod? find the right folder next time please.

have just paired iphone 3G FW 2.0 to F900BT. Anything running proper but moving contacts is not possible though iphone is mentioned in Pioneers' "Compatible telephony features" - list. Does someone has experienced that failure ?

how is this a hack/mod? find the right folder next time please.

Chill... the iphone has limitations with respect to data transfer... from the popups on the F series and the manual there is no clear indication that transfer of the addresses is possible from a phone not capable of sending this information by itself... therefore I assume Mr AR_159 posted in this section assuming they pioneer unit would need to be used contrary to how it normally works... I was looking for the same answer and this is the thread I looked in?! :wink:

Thanks again for all those that advance threads with more useful contributions :roll::idea: