AVIC411.com

new z series deck?

I keep reading the f series forums becuase i am thinking of buying one.. I currently have a z1 i dont realy see any differances between the z1 and z3. major differances anyway. but anyway i was thinking about getting an f series becuase they have alot of great features that i wish my z1 had but at the same time the f series is missing alot of features that the z series has. anyway i noticed in the f series forum they made mention of a succesor in the z series

"Maybe they are saving it for that successor to the Z-series that's supposed to have the higher res 7" screen and the OS from the F-series."

is this true? anyone heard anything about this?. anyone know when it will be available.. im in a tight timeline for christmas.

Unless they release it with a 7 inch screen + a HDD + better bluetooth, I'm sticking with my Z3.

F series has too many bugs and whats up with the smaller screen?

It's the new D series, which also had the smaller screen, and a volume knob, hence the smaller screen. The new Z, or Z- series replacement, will definitely have a 7" screen and an HDD.

I wouldn't bet on something coming out by Christmas, if at all.

I believe Pioneer thinks the US market wants lowest price, not high end. That's why we get stuff with tiny 5.8" LCDs, puny 2GB (or is it 4GB?) flash memory, etc. The Z-series when it came out was probably a gamble for Pioneer... one that I think probably sold just well enough to keep selling the exact same model with barely noticeable improvements in software, year, after year, after year. However, not selling well enough to keep the line current, like they have in Japan. There, they've already replaced their version of the Z several times: AVIC-HRZ009G/HRZ009GII, AVIC-ZH099 and AVIC-ZH9000.

The ZH9000 is the current model in Japan I think. It's HDD based and has an 800x480 7" LCD. It seems like it would be so expensive, it'd do poorly in the US market, but who knows? Here's a

I thought this was pretty cool too: when the Japanese version of the Z-series first came out in '05, it was silver.

I was realy wanting to upgrade this year and give my old z-1 to my girlfriend and intstall it in her car but when i walked into my audio dealer i was kind of excited to see this f series.. how ever after doing some research on it and reading these forums it seems that the f series although has some things that are great additions also has alot of down sides that the z series has. I cant see why they would come out with this f series unit and not give it the features of the z series that its missing unless they plan on having a new z series. I mean it seems to make sense. and i just asked this question because i saw this and I kind of got excited

I agree, technically there's no reason they couldn't do it, if anything it would be easier because the database of words it has to match two isn't changing constantly (like on an iPod or mobile phone).

The Z Series has voice command for destination entry (although it doesn't really work very well).

Maybe they are saving it for that successor to the Z-series that's supposed to have the higher res 7" screen and the OS from the F-series.