AVIC411.com

Blackberry 8830 - Keeping Bluetooth connected

Anyone have a step by step on how to keep this connected to the 700BT, or am I flat out screwed until I change phones?

I've seen the other posts, but everyone seems to have a different way, and they're inconsistent. Anyone have a tried and true, step by step.

Thanks in advance

Anyone have a step by step on how to keep this connected to the 700BT, or am I flat out screwed until I change phones?

I've seen the other posts, but everyone seems to have a different way, and they're inconsistent. Anyone have a tried and true, step by step.

Thanks in advance

So you get it connected and it disconnects? Or you can't pair it at all? Let's say you get it connected and it quits, go into the "Properties" of the selected bluetooth device on your BB, mine is "Pioneer Nav". Now be sure you have "Trusted" set to yes. you can leave Encryption on, also when you initailly connect , you have a choice to reconnect and not ask you again, make a choice there.

Now maybe it connects and then disconnects, check your address book and see if you have a bunch of duplicate entries, or maybe you have more than 300. I think the limit of entries is 300, you'll have to check on that.

Other than that the instructions in the manual are pretty much right on.

• 1 month later...

I just got my radio and have the same problem. I keeps losing the connection after about 10 -15 minutes. I called Pioneer CS and they told me to go to phonescoop.com and download some software, they didn't know what it was called! But the pioneer CS said that BB's bluetooth is different and will not work. as well as any windows phones.

I am thinking about forwarding my calls to a phone that will work but I don't really want to pay 10 cents per min.

• 4 weeks later...

On some other posts I have found a reccomendation that I tried and it worked on my 8130 and the wife's Curve. The directions are as follows:

1. Go into your address book and assign a category to all contacts of either Business or personal.

2. On your blackberry Goto Options --> Bluetooth --> Optionsand change Address Book Transfer: to Selected categories only and change Categories: by selecting Business and Personal.

3. Save changes

This works great and I no longer disconnect. Step 1 appears only to be necessary to transfer your contacts. Just doing steps 2 and 3 will allow you to stop disconnecting. Good luck all I hope this helps you as much as it has for me.

In your step #1. Do you mean the address book in my outlook? Not sure which address book you mean.

thanks

On some other posts I have found a reccomendation that I tried and it worked on my 8130 and the wife's Curve. The directions are as follows:

1. Go into your address book and assign a category to all contacts of either Business or personal.

2. On your blackberry Goto Options --> Bluetooth --> Optionsand change Address Book Transfer: to Selected categories only and change Categories: by selecting Business and Personal.

3. Save changes

This works great and I no longer disconnect. Step 1 appears only to be necessary to transfer your contacts. Just doing steps 2 and 3 will allow you to stop disconnecting. Good luck all I hope this helps you as much as it has for me.

I was referring to the address book(Contacts) on my blackberry. When you edit a contact one of the fields available is categories down below birthday and anniversary. I don't use outlook so I'm not sure if that is a field you can transfer from outlook. Possibly an outlook user can provide some insight. Hope that helps clarify.