AVIC411.com

Buying recommendations

I will probably be ordering a F900 today or tomorrow. I was thinking about Cruthcfield or Sonic. Sonic is less expensive but Crutchfield support seems a little more detailed. They both offer wiring harness and mounting brackets etc for my 08 Nissan Altima. Does anyone have any thoughts about these dealers or any others?

Thanks, Don

If I recall, crutchfield is an authorized Pioneer dealer so Pioneer will honor their warranty if you buy from them. Sonic probably isn't, so your warranty will be honored by Sonic and not Pioneer if you buy from them. It's upto you as to whether you want to pay the extra for the Pioneer warranty. Personally I got my F700BT for $605 from some Online dealer because idc about the warranty

I have used sonics warranty and they are much easier to deal with then Pioneer when it comes to warranty. They will swap out your unit for a new one within the warranty period. Also they have the ebillme payment option which gives you a 90 day price protection policy. I am receiving my 350.00 dollar refund through ebillme for the price reduction on the F90bt at sonic from when I purchased it at 1200.00. Crutchfield also has ebillme but they hardly ever reduce their prices and I wouldn't expect them to do so within 90 days.

Thanks everyone. One question that came up is the mounting bracket and wiring harness for my car. Both Crutchfield and SonicElectronix advertise that they include the harness and bracket for my car at no extra charge. Other companies do not mention this. If it get it from al-ed's, or an amazon site for example, do I have to purchase the wiring harness and bracket somewhere else? If so where?

Thanks, Don