AVIC411.com

Mic Locations/ Bluetooth issue

Hello everyone,

I hope that i can find the help with my Avic Z3 problems. My first problem is that sometimes my bluetooth will connect but it goes into a mode as if i was in a call. So the only way to get off that mode is to turn off the bluetooth from my phone. My second issue is that when i do get a good connection and i use the bluetooth, people complain they cannot hear me too well. Also that they here themselves echo a lot and as if i was far away. I have included some pictures to show how my mic was placed in the install. i was thinking of pulling it out more were it was installed.

I am need of suggestions i have been searching online and havent solved my issues.

my car is a 2004 acura rsx type s if it matters.

post-22345-1287275534164_thumb.jpg

post-22345-12872755344061_thumb.jpg

From the looks of it your mic might be a little two far away. i used to have my in the little cubby under my hvac control in my tC. It sucked there. I moved it to my steering column and it works great. People can hear me pretty well. You might also want to try moving the voice to your front right speaker it helped me reduce the echo and i turn down the call volume as low as i can stand. and take the . out of the 133.7 and it's 1337 google it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a clean idea to have the mic there.

However, you are blocking the side slots of the mic. Those are apparently there to help reduce echoes.

Here is where I installed my mic (also an Acura RSX):

Painting003.jpg

Painting005.jpg

Notice the side "holes" on the mic are not covered up.