AVIC411.com

I have a Z1 with XM, Sirius, and Bluetooth.

Upper Right Corner on Map Screen says UPDATING all the time What causes this?

I saw something about this somewhere but can't find it again.

Also Is there a Mute Button anywhere that can be enabled to quickly Mute audio to answer the phone while not using Bluetooth?

Thanks
Ed
to stop the updating icon try resettin ur z1 by usin the stylus or a thin pen n hit the reset button next to the "v" button. or try resetting by pullin out the wire harness behind the headunit then plug it back in. there is no mute button on the z1 or a touch screen option, the only way is 2 use a remote. either use the steering wheel remote control for the z1 or use a regular pioneer remote and hit the "att" button to mute. hope this helps.
I have tried Resetting 2 times, No Luck the Updating Icon is still showing.

I have the Steering Wheel Remote, When I bought it I didn't realize the Volume Buttons were on back I was going to mount it somewhere other than the outside of the steering wheel.

I may get a Universal Remote and Program it and hardwire it to a Mute Button.

Thanks
Ed
[quote name="dsrtlawman"]Your Nav Traffic service is not activated. It took me three calls to XM before they actually turned on the service. Once the traffic service is working, UPDATING will change to TRFC.[/quote]

dsrtlawman is correct, it took me a couple of days to figure out what the problem is. I told XM to activate navTraffic for me but they didnt, i think they outsource their customer support to india or something like that, i get really thick accents. Anyways once they activated it, the Updating turned to TRFC withing 5 minutes.
[quote name="Electron"]My problem is that Nav Traffic is no use to me in Oklahoma as they dont cover this area.

So I will have to pay just to have the Updating message go away I guess.

Is there a XM tuner without Nav Traffic that would not show the meassage?

Its really not a big deal It just annoys me!

Ed[/quote]

I know there is an XM tuner by pioneer that does not have navtraffic, its just xm. I am not sure, but logically it shouldnt show the Update thing, however it might, maybe someone who has just the xm tuner without navtrafic can say something.
[quote name="Electron"]My problem is that Nav Traffic is no use to me in Oklahoma as they dont cover this area.

So I will have to pay just to have the Updating message go away I guess.

Is there a XM tuner without Nav Traffic that would not show the meassage?

Its really not a big deal It just annoys me!

Ed[/quote]

I know there is an XM tuner by pioneer that does not have navtraffic, its just xm. I am not sure, but logically it shouldnt show the Update thing, however it might, maybe someone who has just the xm tuner without navtrafic can say something.