AVIC411.com

F900bt Microphone install locations - things I've noticed

I initially mounted the mic on the sun visor and everything was working fine.

Then I decided to mount it on the top of the A pillar, about 3-4 inches away to the left from where the sun visor is.

After relocating the mic, I noticed the voice recognition doesn't work very well.

I would say: "CALL SHIELA"

and the system would reply: "CALLING ELLIOTT"

Has anyone else noticed it?

I'm going to do more testing tonight, but I will most likely relocate the mic back to the sunvisor.

I'm guessing that at certain locations the microphone will pickup echos or reverberations that may interfere with the unit recognizing the voice command properly. And these areas may even be different depending on what car it's in. Your best bet is to just try it out in different locations and determine the best spot for the mic before mounting it with any kind of permanency.

I'm guessing that at certain locations the microphone will pickup echos or reverberations that may interfere with the unit recognizing the voice command properly. And these areas may even be different depending on what car it's in. Your best bet is to just try it out in different locations and determine the best spot for the mic before mounting it with any kind of permanency.

Ya, I used 3M adhesive, but I'm sure some work with a heatgun or goobegone would take care of that.

I ended up molding in a tweeter housing and color matching it to the gauge pillar in my car. This area seemed to give the best call quality and the mount supplied by Poineer did not look right or point the mic at the driver in this location.

374931558_r2V8j-L-1.jpg

375861029_8fzZm-L.jpg