AVIC411.com

How do you search by business name?

..is it even possible? I find myself in situations where I need to search by the business name, but there's no btn for it anywhere... does it even exist?

I'm pretty sure its under POI Under the destination menu. Then hit the search button in the bottom left. Done it a few times and found it had the business every time so far. It's there. I dont have the unit in front of me at the moment but it is under POI for sure.

Can someone build on the above reply?

Like here's what i am after (and i think original poster is as well)

On my D1 and D3, I used to be able to press "POI" and then i could add city name and POI name... just as an example, City: Robbinsville, NC Name: Microtel

and then bam, it would show a list and i pressed it and i had a route from wherever i am to that hotel

Now here on the F700, we have this screen

I got to the above search screen, but there's no option to search for "this POI in this city/state" like the old models

it *seems* like i have to:

- Go into destination menu

- Full on create a route to the "city center" of Robbinsville, NC (which is like 4 screens to go through)

- Go back into the destination menu

- This time choose "Around Destination" (since that would be my active destination)

- Search for business name

Is it as it seems? Or is there a much easier way like the D-series has/had

Actually if you select the destination icon and then select POI or address (I can't remember which because I am at work and don't have my radio available) then choose the city you want, an option at the bottom of the screen for city center becomes available...when you select it that is where your cursor is placed...then back up and search around cursor and it will search fine near the city you have chosen...I found a Sonic like 1200 miles away in my hometown this way...

As a side note:

One thing I noticed is that long distance routes take a really long time to calculate and while active they seem to slow things down quite a bit on the F700BT

First of all. To use the SEARCH feature you need to have your Parking Brake on or have the ignition off. Unless you've bypassed that.

Go to POI and click Around My Current Location or whatever... then you'll see the SEARCH button on the bottom left of the screen.

I used it all day today making sales calls. Works very well.

First of all. To use the SEARCH feature you need to have your Parking Brake on or have the ignition off. Unless you've bypassed that.

Go to POI and click Around My Current Location or whatever... then you'll see the SEARCH button on the bottom left of the screen.

I used it all day today making sales calls. Works very well.

That's already been determined (how to search around cursor)

but what hasn't been determined is how to seach for POI's by City (and/or State) and Business name

but what hasn't been determined is how to seach for POI's by City (and/or State) and Business name

Its a two step process.

First you need to get the cursor to the right area.

Press Menu, Destinations, Address. Enter the city name and select Citywide. This will display the city with the cursor at the city.

Once you have the cursor at the city press menu again. Press Destinations then POI. Now search around the cursor.

I tried it this morning and it does work. (I'm not at my unit now, so I may be missing steps!).