AVIC411.com

ipod classic album art

sorry if this has been addressed, i searched everywhere on here and did not find the answers i was looking for...

i am wondering if anyone has tried using an f90 with the ipod classic and found that the album art will not show. everything else regarding the ipod is working perfectly, except that i did have a random disconnect today.

as i mentioned it is the ipod classic with fw 1.1.2 and my avic has the most recent update and never been in testmode. i have all my album art saved to the id3 tags of my mp3s.

thanks in advance, and again, i apologize if this has been discussed as i could not find it anywhere.

yeah, i have that set in itunes. i am not syncing my ipod using itunes, though. i sync with mediamonkey, and i checked both boxes in the settings to save album art to both tags and the folder (on the ipod), but still no dice. all my art shows up great on the ipod itself, which is why im confused.

thanks again for the replies

• 1 month later...

Hi, same here. I started using itunes and I could see the album artwork on the AVIC. Then I switched to mediamonkey...and not artwork anymore.

I switched back to itunes, re imported all my songs and synced to ipod and still no artwork on the avic. artwork are present on the ipod itself, so something is preventing to display the pictures on the avic (mine is a 700BT)

-S

I resolved the issue.

using iTunes I "restored" i.e. completely erased and reset the Ipod and then synced mu music again with Itunes. Album artwork now displays on the AVIC.

Most likely either mediamonkey or using the Ipod as storage messes up the internal Ipod database.

Hope this helps.

-S

Yettavr6/Stoca,

I'm also using MediaMonkey Gold to manage my music and transfer them to my ipod. But my album art DOES show up on the ipod and my F700.

I am saving the album art into the music file. Not into an album art folder. MediaMonkey asks you this question by default when you autotag from web.

All of my music is in mp3 format.

I have a 5th Gen Video Ipod.

I have noticed that if any music is moved/renamed on your computer, MediaMonkey does not auto-update its location in its database. So it loses the album art until I do a File-->"Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library".

Also, the default "SYNC" setting in MM only adds files to the Ipod. It does not delete or update files. You have to go into the SYNC settings and check the appropriate boxes to delete and update files.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Lunar, still no dice for me though. I already had MM set in the general options to save album art directly to the tag, and then I found an option under the device settings for "Josh's iPod - USB Mass Storage Device" to copy album art to track tags. I thought that would do it, so i restored the ipod using Itunes and then resynced with MM and still nothing. Did you change any other settings in MM?