AVIC411.com

About to Purchase a 900bt or 90bt

I am about to purchase a 900bt or 90bt. They are listed for $625 and $679. Anyone know its so cheap and which one should i go with. They are an authorized dealer and you keep the warranty. Also what all will I need to install this in a 2007 Ford Mustang GT. I will be doing a pioneer 4 channel amp the gm6300 along with 4 new alpine speakers. I also will be doing the HD radio and Ipod hook up. What do i need to buy to get the MSN direct to work with the HD radio. Heres the website im ordering it from

http://www.86photovideo.com/products.as ... t_id=19065

Thanks for the help and this is a great forum. I have been browsing for a couple of weeks. I would have to say its very well put together.

Ray

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Basically a company that runs a bait and switch operation. You order something at a too good to be true price. And guess what? IT IS too good to be true. You submit your order, and the next day a salesman calls you to give you "special offers" which are either things you do not need, or an attempt to charge you for things that already come with what you bought, all at outrageously high prices. If you tell them you don't want to order any extra things, they conveniently discover that the item you ordered is out of stock and on back order. It's the same company, they just operate under 20 or more different business names.

For some inconceivable reason, they are still allowed to remain in business!

Read up:

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=12668

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17438

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14796

I bought my 900BT from one of those Brooklyn store fronts (powersellernyc). I was very worried, but they had a really great price. I live close enough to Brooklyn that I figured that if I had any problems with the sale I would show up in person and complain.

The unit showed up just two days later. All packaging looked great. I've installed it and haven't had any regrets or problems.

You can't blame the seller that Pioneer has such a ridiculous warranty policy.

Try one of their authorized resellers first. Then compare the savings you'll get elsewhere and ask yourself if the savings are worth it.

I bought my 900BT from one of those Brooklyn store fronts (powersellernyc). I was very worried, but they had a really great price. I live close enough to Brooklyn that I figured that if I had any problems with the sale I would show up in person and complain.

The unit showed up just two days later. All packaging looked great. I've installed it and haven't had any regrets or problems.

You can't blame the seller that Pioneer has such a ridiculous warranty policy.

Try one of their authorized resellers first. Then compare the savings you'll get elsewhere and ask yourself if the savings are worth it.

Well, is saving a couple hundred bucks worth not having a warranty at all? I don't think it's a ridiculous policy. Every major consumer goods company has the same warranty policy.

I ordered the f90bt on Amazon.com through 6ave for 747.00 SHIPPED. So i have a 2 year warranty since 6ave is an authorized dealer through pioneer. I have searched but i was not able to find it, can someone direct me to where i can get the antenna splitter for the HD radio and MSN to work. I remember reading it could be found on ebay but i wanna make sure i am getting the right part. I will be installing the 90bt, hd radio, xm radio, 4 speakers and amp next week in a 2007 mustang. Any tips or things i need to watch out for?

Thanks

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Question about your F90. Did you get the iPod AV cable with it? I ordered off of Amazon, but from Globazaar. My unit did not come with the cable, and after quite a few emails and phone calls back and forth with them, I eventually called Pioneer. They also told me that the cable was not include (???) even though their website states it is. In the end, Globazaar sent me a cable free of charge, but seemed silly to me.

Anywho, wondered if anyone else had that experience.

My F90 came with the ipod cable inside the box with all the other wiring for the radio... It clearly states on Pioneer's website that the F90 comes with the ipod cable. Are you sure you got the F90 and not the F900? Because the ipod cable doesn't come with the F900.