AVIC411.com

iPhone 3g and Video

I just installed the new iPhone 2.1 update for my 3G phone. One of the unexpected improvements was the video on my unit.

Before, video play would be intermittent, and I would have to disconnect/reconnect to get the video to play.

With the new update the video plays every time I plug in, and every time I switch back to the iPod, the video works flawlessly.

Just an FYI for those with an iPhone or Touch…

BTW - I have the 700 series nac unit, and I AM using the Pioneer cable.

Doc

This was the first thing I tested with the 2.1 update.

Prior to this, to get video, you have to be in the music screen on the F, unlock your iphone, select Ipod (on the white Accessory connected screen), go to video on the F for vids to play. After that you could only lock your iPhone screen... if you went to send a txt message or do email, the video freezes.

Now, you can txt, email while video is still playing! And at the start of each video, the video doesn't "pause" for a second until the sound catches up, it just plays perfect.

Another improvement so far is the iPhone messing up, and it only plays a song for a few minutes before the F pukes out an iPod connection error. Only reboot fixes it after that point. Haven't experienced that problem with 2.1 yet!

Yeah, you get that, but just ignore it. Everything works correctly.

Does it charge it, though? That error message seems pretty mysterious to me because random accessories will get that message and charge it while others get the message and won't charge it. Ideally I'd like to be able to play movies while it charges.

Who knows, maybe I'll just break down and buy a classic and not worry about it.

Yeah, you get that, but just ignore it. Everything works correctly.

Does it charge it, though? That error message seems pretty mysterious to me because random accessories will get that message and charge it while others get the message and won't charge it. Ideally I'd like to be able to play movies while it charges.

Who knows, maybe I'll just break down and buy a classic and not worry about it.

The warning just means that the unit doesn't have the shielding to avoid GSM buzz. Has nothing to do with the charging or if the unit works with the device.