AVIC411.com

new here, and not sure exactly what the difference is...

between ducatiboys bypass and Instructions on TR7 to bypass Z1 Security + Autolights fix. i have a july unit. are these 2 entirely different mods? im confused, i appreciate the instructions for the TR7 mod someone went to a lot of time and trouble to write all that out. unfortunately there isnt a real good description of what this mod does.
well the short answer is this... if you have a july unit you dont need either of these. you can bypass all the security issues just by grounding 2 wires.

but to answer your question, the tr7 and the ducatiboy circuits are not the same thing. They both do the same thing just in a slightl;y different way. you could need two tr7's where you would definatly only need 1 ducatiboy circuit.

but if you search this forum you will find super easy instructions on how to bypass your july unit without the need to buy anything.
hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
[quote name="nog00der"]between ducatiboys bypass and Instructions on TR7 to bypass Z1 Security + Autolights fix. i have a july unit. are these 2 entirely different mods? im confused, i appreciate the instructions for the TR7 mod someone went to a lot of time and trouble to write all that out. unfortunately there isnt a real good description of what this mod does.[/quote]

Basically, 2 TR7's and my circuit do the same thing. It's the same "bypass". But you have to program the TR7's and install them differently.

They both "flash the headlights" (or at least tell the Z1 that you did) when you turn the car on.

There is a link to this site:
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

Right off the main [url=http://www.avic411.com]www.avic411.com[/url] page. Follow those instructions, one of those bypasses should work for your unit. If you have a July 06 unit, you will probably need the 07/06 bypass at the bottom of that page.
[quote name="tuetran22"]anyone have luck doing the 2 wire ground bypass on the June 06 units. just picked up a June 06 Z1 at Circuit City. may have to return it to see if i can get a july 06 unit.[/quote]

No, it didn't work on the ones I have tried. You could just keep it and get one of my circuits.
Dude you would be way better off to just spend the $35 for ductiboys bypass circuit. If you return the z1 to circuit city you have to pay either a 10% or 15% restocking fee. And ducatis circuit is really simple to install

on an unrelated note..

ducati i see you are now moderator of all z1 forums....good on you :)
i think some people are getting too hung up on the "specific " wire they use for the new bypass. The wire you use makes absolutley no difference at all. Its just a matter of grounding a pin that came to you in the box with no wire attatched. So any wire you insert into that slot and then ground will work for ya.