AVIC411.com

Avic-F900BT Bluetooth Software

Hi I got my F900bt just a few days ago and just yesterday my bluetooth just "killed" it self, it won't scan for other bluetooth and when i check "Bluetooth Version" it says: "Not Found"

Anyone know's how to fix this? I've used the forums search without an luck.

This is a European F900BT from Sweden, hopfully someone will know something about it :D

Problem is known...

I bought a new Mazda 2 the 26th of august 2008 with the F900BT inside.

It worked fine during one week when suddenly I had the same problem as yours.

I came back with the car to the seller, they phoned to Pioneer wich told the problem was known...

I (we) have to wait an upgrade of the Bluetooth program (there is a huge bug in the european version). Sending the unit to repair is useless because when the upgrade of the BT firmware will be available, everything will be fine...

Today, I download the latest update of the F1900BT (official website : http://www.pioneer.be/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F700BT_AVIC_F900BT_APL_1900.zip ) but the upgrade of that Bluetooth unit is not present yet.

Still have to wait...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

had the exact same problem. wrote to tech support (in germany). they told me that i had to reinstall the BT firmware (they sent me a zip file). but it didn't work for me. always had an error message just after i started the update.

if you want to try if it works for you, here is the installation manual they sent me:

Step 1. Unzip the attached file "ME_F500_F700_F900_BT_Firm.zip".

Step 2. Copy the following 3 files to the root of an empty SD card

- CK5000_290_RLS.bin (929KB)

- flash_p4_lwp.bin (29KB)

- rtl_115200_8192_p4.bin (2KB)

Step 3 Re-write the Firmware

Insert the SD card to the Navi unit.

Go to update screen by pressing [Phone Menu]->[Phone Settings]->[bluetooth Software Update]

Press "Software Update" button.

Update will take approximately 5 minutes.

Step 4 Confirm the version

Is "HW100-SW290" displayed on the [bluetooth Software Update] screen?

Step 5 Confirm if the pairing function is working correctly by actual BT phone.

and of course the zip file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/152475913/M ... m.zip.html

Hi !

After one and a half month of discussions with Mazda and Pioneer, I finally got a response today : they will replace the unit because the BT module has crashed... nor the firmware update, nor the BT update worked (they sent me the BT update two days ago...).

They told the problem is known and many of those units have to be replaced for a lot of customers... (they'll lose a lot of money...).

My car dealer will call me as soon as he gets the new unit to make an exchange... probably next week...

• 3 months later...
Hi,

had the exact same problem. wrote to tech support (in germany). they told me that i had to reinstall the BT firmware (they sent me a zip file). but it didn't work for me. always had an error message just after i started the update.

if you want to try if it works for you, here is the installation manual they sent me:

Step 1. Unzip the attached file "ME_F500_F700_F900_BT_Firm.zip".

Step 2. Copy the following 3 files to the root of an empty SD card

- CK5000_290_RLS.bin (929KB)

- flash_p4_lwp.bin (29KB)

- rtl_115200_8192_p4.bin (2KB)

Step 3 Re-write the Firmware

Insert the SD card to the Navi unit.

Go to update screen by pressing [Phone Menu]->[Phone Settings]->[bluetooth Software Update]

Press "Software Update" button.

Update will take approximately 5 minutes.

Step 4 Confirm the version

Is "HW100-SW290" displayed on the [bluetooth Software Update] screen?

Step 5 Confirm if the pairing function is working correctly by actual BT phone.

and of course the zip file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/152475913/M ... m.zip.html

hi

did you solved this problem?

• 1 month later...

My F900BT (new in box) started having the same problem (software version: not available) and I could not connect my phone after I applied Dumpystig's hacks which included 2 fonts, a data.zip and a sys.txt.

I was able to fix it by manually copying all of the files that come in the pioneer 2.0 update to the root of my flash disk and overwriting the old ones. I also restored the data.zip and sys.txt and deleted the two fonts that were added to the igo folder.

Next, I loaded up the SD card and viola, the bluetooth software was back to ....RC3 and I was able to update the bluetooth from the pioneer files. I just got finished connecting my phone and transferring my contacts.

I am getting ready to put Dumpystig's hack back on. Wish me luck. I do not want to have to go through that again!!!