AVIC411.com

Help .. library playlist won't play. (Z2)

The installer connected my z2 to my factory wiring harness with butt connectors (didn't use the aftermarket harness). Started experiencing speaker cut outs and decided to redo the wiring. Upon inspection I noticed the butt connectors were starting to get loose (wires were thinning).

I soldered the aftermarket harness in and was able to clean everything up. I did however leave 2 wires unconnected (had no clue where they went). Now the library play list wont play but everything else is working fine. Any help? I know this is vague but I would like to try and troubleshoot this before having to take apart the unit again. Thanks in advance ...

-Pete

There are no wires that would need to be connected specifically for the library to play. If all other sources play out to the speakers, then I don't think this is a wiring issue.

The VSS will just help the gps be more accurate, especially at start up while it is searching for satelites, or while driving through tunnels.

Check the 'vehicle specific' forum for info on finding your factory VSS.

There are no wires that would need to be connected specifically for the library to play. If all other sources play out to the speakers, then I don't think this is a wiring issue.

The VSS will just help the gps be more accurate, especially at start up while it is searching for satelites, or while driving through tunnels.

Check the 'vehicle specific' forum for info on finding your factory VSS.

That's what I was afraid of... I was hoping this would just be a wiring issue since I didn't do anything but clean up the butt connectors by soldering the harness in.

That's kind of what I'm having issues with now with my Z2. Driving here in NY the roads/highways are very close together and the navi is constantly "refinding" itself now. Sucks :x .

Searched through the vehicle specific forum and I can't seem to find a definitive answer either as to where to tap the VSS to.

Thanks for the help Garret.

bump, please if anyone can help with my library not being able to play. The avic shows its playing but nothing comes out from the speakers.

Not sure if this helps but while in library I would press either menu or map and not even the usual tone/beep comes through the speakers. I go out of library and everything goes back to normal .... :cry: