AVIC411.com

Nav Map stuck in NYC

The two locations that the D3 defaults to when it doesn't have a GPS signal is New York and LA. I don't remember what determines which default it goes to... maybe the nav disk? But anyway, check your GPS signal and see how it looks. Also make sure your GPS antenna is mounted in a good location and that the connector is firmly seated in the back of the unit. And, in some cases, it takes a little while of driving around before the unit will actually find itself after installation or a reset.

I am having this exact problem.

It happened to me about a month ago and then it corrected itself. It just started happening to me again and it has been 3 days since I have been able to use my Nav.

I didnt install this thing myself so I guess I will have to get someone to either show me how to get it out of my dash or pay someone to do it

:?

anyone know how to get this out of my 07 mustang's dash?

It wasn't a problem with the antenna I've had the unit for approx. 9 months. This happened a few months ago and fixed itself by removing and re-inserting the nav disk. This time after 3 days i zoomed the map all the way and used the touch screen and the zoom in to get the pointer back in Raleigh, NC. Then I exited back out and it seemed to find itself again. Not sure why I had the problem but seems to be "fixed" since. This is crazy though!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hello all,new here!

I know this is a old post,but wondering whatever happened in this case..I do have the same problem where the map puts me in the middle of NYC.removing and reinstalling would have random effects,sometimes it will correct itself .. or the dreading the reset button that wipes everything out and reboots.

will work fine for days then happen again :(

does anyone know if spending $120 for the 2008 map east/west disks(CNDV-80MT) will correct this ? firmware updates?

Ray

Use the modify current location thingmenu button to move it somewhat near where you actually are and then it will correct to exactly where you are after a few seconds. Much better than losing all your settings by resetting each time

Thanks a million for the quick response,next time it happens..I will definitly give it a shot..just wished there was a permanent fix for this situation.