AVIC411.com

Components to Install a F90BT.

Hello. Here is my second post here to ask another crucial question for me. I looked around and couldnt find the answer.

I have an ENVOY XL SLT 2003 and i want to have installed an F90BT. In Circuit City they told me all i need is the Kit and the F90 but I want it to have

Ipod Cable/Control

Satellite Radio (wich do you guys recomend? XM or Sirius? I like latin music)

And steering wheel controls.

I got an email from a dealer telling me that i need this

GMOS-04 2001-07 GM/CADILLAC/HUMMER INTERFACE ADAPTOR

wich btw i have no idea what it is.

He is also telling me i need to buy a remote to program the steering wheel adapter. I'll list bellow what he recomends.

Already bought a double DIN kit. So that's done. In my list so far i have

Double Din Kit.

F90BT (not purchased yet)

ETRA 40-GM10 1988-2006 GM CAR ANTENNA ADAPTOR HARNESS (he says i need this)

GMOS-04 2001-07 GM/CADILLAC/HUMMER INTERFACE ADAPTOR (he says i need this also)

PAC SWI-X UNIVERSAL STEERING WHEEL CONTROL INTERFACE (He is recomending this steering wheel bypass)

Thanks a lot for your help. If i get the answers soon by next week i could probably have it installed.

Thanks again

PS: I would also be installing a backup camera, but that i would just buy in circuit city

Alejandro

That steering wheel interface will not work, you need the PAC SWI-PS. There is no wireless remote for the F-series, no IR sensor on the front of the deck.

Ipod you will need CD-IU230V, and a normal USB cable will not work.

XM versus Sirius is a tough one, everyone has their preferance. I would get XM since the interface is better and Pioneer makes a rock solid XM tuner, GEX-P920XM.

Everything else looks good.

Your right, it is included.

The SWI-PS just plugs into the back of the deck. The SWI-X has a IR sender that you have to drill a hole for and transmits the controls. Again, the F-series does not have a IF reciever on the deck.

Even if it did, the SWI-PS is a much better choice. Easy hook up, no holes drilled, easy programing.

Thanks again. Any ideas what this is and if i need it?

ETRA 40-GM10 1988-2006 GM CAR ANTENNA ADAPTOR HARNESS

GMOS-04 2001-07 GM/CADILLAC/HUMMER INTERFACE ADAPTOR

PS: I've been trying to understand for a couple of hours now how these adapters work. even looked at a video on PAC website. No idea yet. How do these adapters transmit the signal from the actual button to the stereo? Wireless? Im great with computers but here im a baby

• 2 months later...

Ok, I finally took my car to circuit city to get it going, I had all the Items listed before. they couldnt make it work.

They ended up telling me that they think that the problem is that i have a BOSE system with ONSTAR and that the GMOS-04 doesnt support the bose system, that i need to get

OS-2BOSE

they worked on the car for hours without luck. I would like to hear some opinions about this if you guys can. before I go and buy the OS-2BOSE

Thanks a lot

Alejandro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

I have a hummer H3 with OnStar and my f90bt was installed with the GMOS04. It works fine and the door chimes also work, but they seem to be a lot louder. Not sure if the loudness is related, but it started immediately after the install.

I paid $100 for the GMOS04 from the store where it was installed. This was before I knew better.

Here is the GMOS04 for $80 with free shipping: http://tinyurl.com/GMOS04

Hope that helps!

infochia