AVIC411.com

I just installed my D3 however when I hook up the sub RCA wires my sub starts to pulse bass even when there is nothing playing. its a constant pulse. Is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong?

I have my amp turn on wire hooked up to the ignition wire (red ) because the blue and white striped wire on the harness isnt working.

pls help!

thanks

If your just putting in a new deck and the old one didnt do that then it might be the deck. i would try unplugging the rca at the amp only and see if it still does it. Just make sure the rcas are still plugged into the d3 side. then if it doen't do it then its somewhere between the d3 and the amp.

I have my amp turn on wire hooked up to the ignition wire (red ) because the blue and white striped wire on the harness isnt working.

pls help!

thanks

Why isn't your blue/white wire working? I think you might have something hooked up wrong. If the blue white truly doesn't work properly than the unit or wiring is defective. Do you have access to a digital meter to test the voltage on the blue white wire? It should have at least 12 to 14.5 volts DC with the engine running. Try it without being connected to the amp first, then with connected to amp. Where is turn on connected at amp? It should be connected to remote or turn on terminal. DOUBLE CHECK THIS I HAVE SEEN AN OOPS WERE BATT AND REMOTE WERE ACCIDENTLY SWITCHED. What brand and model of amp and what size is power and ground wire and fuses for amp ( both fuse that is on amp at at or near battery. I have seen too small of wire or poor connections or even a bad fuse cause simular problems. Check the voltage at the amp power terminals while it is pulsing if voltage is not 12 volts or more than that is your problem.

I found the problem, the ground wire that was connected to the RCA sub out cables from the deck was frayed and exposed. I grounded that wire and now it works perfectly.

Also the amp turn on wire came out of its connector so i resolved that as well.

I thank you guys for your prompt and helpful advice!

cheers