AVIC411.com

Is Z1 in 07 Tahoe Possible?

itz definately possible to put a z1 in. u just gotta find the right dash kit 4 it. since itz so new, metra, scoshe, n american international probably won't have it 4 another couple months. but u could fabricate a double din kit usin the factory radio. as for the steering wheel controls, u can get the pac swi-ps bypass for pioneer n sony headunits. u can program the bypass 2 w/e buttons u want 2 b used on ur controls.
i have an 04 silverado. im not sure what your dash is like but all the sites also said that the z1 would not fit my truck. Well the fact that i installed it in just a few hours with noting more than a few handtools says differently.
the only issue is the depth. everyone else with similar truck has had to break off a few pieces of plastic. but i can assure you this does not weaken your dash or your mounting area. and you only need to remove a few very small peices.
I swore to myself that i was gunna take a million great pics and document the install, but the batteries in the camera were dead and i couldnt wait. lol

but i do have to open er up again to install the back up camera so i will take pics then of everything.