AVIC411.com

Need some serious HELP!! Possible bricked unit!

Ok, so I went to do my first mod and used Vorians file. I followed the instructions and unzipped his file and copied in the My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder. Now my unit will not boot up! Not even into windows CE mode. The splash screen comes up, it flickers once, then the unit just turns off.. A couple of times it looks likes its going to boot into Windows then the unit just turns off..

If anyone can help I would really really really appreciate it!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I downloaded the vorian_data file. I extracted the zip file, then copied the folder onto my storage card. I went into my car and booted into WindowsCE.

I opened one explorer window and navigated to the My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder then,

I opened another explorer window and navigated to the path where I saved the vorian files.

I copied and pasted all the files into from my SD card into the My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder.

Turned off the car, removed my SD card, and POOF it wouldn't boot..

I sat in my car for about an hour trying to get it to boot into windowsce, so I could re install the original files.

Funny thing is, I made like 4 copies of the My Flash Disk folder, but if I can't get into WindowsCE, then I can't back it up into the unit..

Let me know if you need any further info to HELP ME!!

LT

These are the instructions I followed:

For those that have asked me for my current data.zip file... here it is.

I have replaced the standard tahoma and tahomabd font with Comic Sans MS and I have added the star trek fonts finalnew and finalold. I have included all the fonts I used in my zip file.

Unzip the zip file to your SD card and copy all of the included files to your My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder on your nav and you should be set to go.

There were 5 font files in that folder, I copied those too, Please don't tell me thats where I screwed up and if so, is there any coming back from that?