AVIC411.com

Need some serious HELP!! Possible bricked unit!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not have a f unit but it almost sounds like there is a video driver missing..im going to down loak the file u did but to me it sounds like i said the is a driver missing

Unless a video driver can magically disappear by hacking the unit I doubt that's the case. :lol:

LT are you sure there's nothing else you did?

I'm positive, but then again if other members have been able to complete this mod I've must've done something different.. The part where I think I screwed up was I copied the entire contents of the folder which included the compressed data file, along with 5 font files..

I've never used my CD Player..

Nope, I've even tried, re-adding the testmode folders onto my SD to see if my unit will boot up with no luck.. It's weird cause the unit will only stay on for like 20 seconds then it shuts down.

try loading the latest firmware again. I was having the same problem - with the unit shutting down after 20 seconds.

I could not get into Windows CE prior to this as I was getting an error message about mapdbinfo. I downloaded the the latest firmware and put it on an sd card and booted up the unit. THe firmware update process kicked in and installed all the files. rebooted, but I am in a constant system is starting up mode. The thing is though I can now get into Windows CE with no problems. I suspect that there is software corruption on my unit.

If you try to do the firmware, then hopefully this will allow you to get into windows CE and give you a chance to restore your backup.

As for my problem, Since I wasn't able to get into Windows CE and do a backup, I can't restore the system to a working state. I would be willing to try to use someone elses backup copy to try to restore the unit to a working state.