AVIC411.com

Need some serious HELP!! Possible bricked unit!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I might try that, but I bought my unit on Ebay and Pioneer doesn't honor Ebay items. The good part is that I purchased the Ebay warranty for my unit that they are going to cover it.

I spoke to Pioneer and for those that think that the warranty won't be honored if you purchase from certain online dealers here is what the Pioneer rep told me..

She said to just send it in with a detailed description of the problem and they'll fix it, because alot of people misplace receipts, or receive the items as "gifts" they cannot verify where the item was purchased so they just go by the serial number, BUT she also said that there is a $200.00 fee just to look at the unit if it is out of warranty, and if there is any problem that they'll contact you, and that's a risk I just don't want to take.

Right now I prefer to go through Ebay though, cause it's going to be alot quicker than having to ship off my unit to Pioneer.

• 4 weeks later...

Pioneer covered mine even though it was an Ebay item. I don't think that they really keep track or research items that are sent for service... The square trade rep told me that they did not have to pay for the repair... Pioneer said it was still under warranty Woo Hoo!!.. Already got my unit back and everything is working just fine... Hmm wondering if I should try modding again??? :lol: