AVIC411.com

Can't get the bypass to work.

Ok so I have attempted to do this bypass a number of different ways. First I did the bypass exactly the way this forum says to do it. Then it works for like 1 mile then BAM "improper connection of Parking Brake Lead Blah blah" and now the bypass does not work. So then I tried switching grounds and again works for a mile and then "parking brake error". So then I tried to hook the bypass up to a switch to see if I could isolate the issue. So I have the mute wire tapped into the green parking line and I have the green line going to the switch. Then I have another line from the switch going to a good ground of an actual bolt. Now I have tested w/ a volt meter, I am getting a good ground to the mute/green wire, And I'm getting a good ground to the harness of the two wires. Now when I power on the unit I still get a detection of improper parking lead, but when I'm playing a dvd with the switch up it works and with it down I get can not view from while car in motion or whatever, then I switch it back and the movie comes back on. Now I am assuming the bypass is working since flicking the switch back and forth does that. But when I get over 20mph, no matter what position the switch is in, it cuts the movie, till I stop. I've tried with and with out the Speed Sensor wire hooked up. Am I missing something, or is this a firmware problem? With as much success with this bypass on the forum I can't believe this isn't working right. Any ideas?

Thanks

James

Ok well after dinner I went back to it. I unplugged the harness and turned the radio on and checked that little metal contact from the harness of the mute wire and I'm getting a good ground. So I did my best to seat the harness back into the radio and tried to hear a click and I did hear the click. And then the "parking brake" error went away but I am not sure if it goes away eventually so I turn the car off then on again and what do you know, no "parking brake error". I took the car down my neighbor hood and got the car up to 30mph and good to go. However I will monitor it closely for the week and lets see if it is really good to go. I don't want to count my chickens quite yet.