AVIC411.com

ok well i need help with this to. before i had my wiring going threw the stock wires.

then when i finally got the rca's and hooked everything up threw them now i get a winning noise from one set of my pre amp outs not both. if i hook up both then i hear it but if i jut leave the back hooked up i don't hear anything. but i don't know what the deal is i am sure i have a good ground but could it be anything with the bypass.

i have the parking break wire hooked to the ground wire coming from the head unit then i have the mute wire move up from the stock place. and then grounded with the same ground wire coming from the head unit just like in the pics that i have seen. is there something i am missing.

you can see my ground in my pics on my install post of a quad 2005 sliverado. i am sure that its a good ground.

well i have have:

D3 unit

cd-i200

CD-IB100II

four chl. amp

how its hooked up:

power harness to the d3

rca's harness to the d3

ipod cd-i200 to the d3

ipod CD-IB100II threw the ip bus and the yellow to the yellow wire and the ground to the ground. grounded to the metal in the pic in my post.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18317

but i read that the ipbus has the curent from the red wire and so i don't need one to come from the head unit its self just the ip bus to be hooked up same goes for the xm when i get it. correct me if i am wrong.

an 4ch apm to the pre outs. front and rear

from the amp to the rear door speakers

from the amp to the front componant speaker crossover; from the crossover to the speaker and twiter

now before the d3 i had a stock radio that i hooked everything up to and it worked good but not great.

i replaced the factory speaker with a set of of componant speakers and another rear set with out the crossover and twiter just another speaker the same as the one with the componant set. so i could keep the factory radio and add a amp i had to unhooked the factory speaker splice the wire coming from the factory radio and ran the wire to an rca's coverter box. both done for the front and rear.

then i ran rca's to the amp and then ran speaker wire back to the speaker and crossover. and to the front speaker from the crossover. and it worked great.

now i added the d3 the other week. and everything was working the same way. well today i added the rca's and i unhooked the coverter box and just ran the rca's from the amp to the d3 rca's. and it worked fine i thought till i started the truck and herd the wine.

well i unhooked everything. i am not sure where it when wrong. i have everything hook like it should pre amp out to the amp and from the amp to the speakers. i found that its only the the front pre amp outs that make this noise when hooked up if i have only the rear hooked up it does not do it. so i am thinking it has something to do with the way the bypass is done.

the reason i say that is that when you move the mute wire up closer to the front pre sub outs or pre amp outs what every they are called. some where there is some thing grounding out some how. but that is just me talking. i think i need to move the the grounds around.

just a note i have a harness that has a vss and rev. wire hook up i don't think they worrk bc i was going a little over 100mph in la. when i checked the gages. and when i check the signal for the wire on the head unit it says something like 0 or like 3647384 or something like that i am not in the truck now so i can't be to correct. so i do have those hooked to those wires also but i am not sure i will have to get in there and works some stuff over.

i hope i have detailed everything out as best as i could. so if could get some help that would be great. just let me know if some thing is wrong.

does your vehicle require an interface? on mine (a gmos-04) there is a gain adjustment, and i turned it down just low enough to get rid of the whine. there is still a small whine but very faint and only after 2500 rpm. ive also heard of people grounding their rca connections on the back of the unit.

yeah it has a gmos-01 and i am not sure but i think it might be the amp i can move everything around and it still does it with only one channel. but not the other but what i might do is go back to the way i had everything before or start all over and redo everything

any other ideas people come on i know some one else has had this problem

You might have blown the pico fuse in your D3, it is just a tiny little fuse inside pioneer units that is very sensitive if you swap RCA's when they're hot (battery connected) and something goes wrong. The only thing you can do for now (if thats the problem) is ground your RCA cables to the back chasis of the unit, that will make the wine go away considerably (90%) bot not totally. if you want a total fix you will have to send your unit to pioneer or there are some audio forums that teach you how to fix it. I know all of this because I blew the pico fuse of my F700BT and had to ground my RCA's. I live outside the US so I will make the fix myself (whenever I'm brave enough and have the time to open up the unit) It looks like a simple fix. take a look at this forum http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13889&highlight=microfuse&page=4. I hope this is not your case and is something more simple to fix. Hope this helps.

does any one know if that is vaild or not i don't just want to go grounding out everything in the truck. so what should i do. i will try the ground the rca's but i really don't think its comming from the head unit it self. i think it might be my amp because i moved everthing over to the other side of the of the 4ch amp and there is no noise. i think that there is a bad ground within the amp. i bridged all four of the speakers and it went away on just two channels of the amp. so i am not sure i will have to tinker with somethings and just redo everything then i will know that its up and all good.

if you change the rca's around and the noise follows the rca's try changin those first. if its just on the 2 channels its prob the amp. i dont believe its the pico fuse cuz all channels would have noise. make sure your amp ground is to metal and not paint or a seat belt as well.

yeah i have and its the 3 and 4th channel that it does this from so i still think its the am not the head unit. i did thing that if i could switch around the sub outs on the rca harness its self and see if that would change anything but i am not sure that it would i need to see if it is the amps ground and then test it out. i do have another amp that i could use and see if that fixes it. but i will have to check tomarrow. thanks for the help and if anyone else could help that would be great.