AVIC411.com

Edit Your PhoneBook

Has anyone been able to successfully do this on an F500BT?

I went through all the steps and when it's completed and I reboot I get a no contacts found screen. Now I did delete entrys and changed the names around because it keeps importing them backwards from my blackberry. I did export to excel to re-edit the entry numbers then re-imported to the database editor.

TIA for any help

personally I hate having shareware on my computer, with the nags for buying the product. The SQLite Expert, Professional edition is the one that has the useful feature however of being able to import and export and is not free, unlike the Personal edition, which is freeware.

However, you can import without the SQLite Expert Professional edition GUI interface, albeit using DOS commands. Here's a step by step on importing a comma delimted file with all your phone contacts. There should be 4 columns to every row - a unique ID, contact name, phone number, and a number which I believe is used for indexing in the contact screen interface (ABCDE, FGHIJ, etc):

1) install SQLite3 and put the file somewhere. For example, C:\Program Files\SQLite:

http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3_6_4.zip

2) open up a DOS window (Start, Run, cmd)

3) navigate to the directory where you installed the program, i.e C:\Program Files\SQLite.

4) Run this: SQLite3 path:PhoneBookXXXXX.db

where path: is the path where your db file is, and XXXXX is the 10 digit hex string of the .db file that you extracted out. Example: SQLite C:\My Documents\PhoneBook1a1b1c1d1e.db

5) at the sqlite> prompt, type in:

.separator ,

(I think the default separator is already a comma, but just in case)

6) at the next sqlite> prompt, type in:

import FILE Phonebook

where FILE is where your comma-separated file is located. For example:

import C:\My Documents\ContactList.csv Phonebook

7) Verify the file went in correctly:

select * from Phonebook;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ive got a question - i have one phone that connects to the 700bt without issue - all of the contacts appear to be properly named and edited

i have another phone that does NOT connect correctly

is there a way i can copy the contacts database from the first phone into the database of the second phone (so that the contacts show up the same for both phones)? does that question make any sense?

i dont know very much about this database editing - so pardon my "noobishness"

In SQLite:

Does it matter if the Recno and ID columns match? I had to delete some duplicate records and they don't match anymore.

im not sure if this was the cause or not - but i deleted a few entries and then renamed the id numbers to match up - this caused my system to crash - got some sort of fatal exception error

i had to get back into test-mode and completely delete the database to get going again - so my suggestion: try it without changing the id's :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...