AVIC411.com

No Voice Guidance??

Hey Guys,

I just want to say thanks a lot for this awesome site. With your help I was able to install a bypassed d2 in my girlfriends ford escape a few months ago and just this weekend I installed a bypassed Z2 in my 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The bypass went great and I think all of my wiring is correct, however, I'm not getting any sound from the headunit. My radio, CD's etc all play fine through the speakers, but the noises that the navigation itself are supposed to make aren't working. The two things I noticed are the beeps when buttons are hit and voice guidance when I have a route set. I checked in the AV settings and both the beep and guidance volumes are at max volume and the voice guidance mute button is not selected. If I have music playing and a route set, when I approach a turn, the music will mute as if it's about to tell me what to do for a few seconds and then return to full volume. So it is muting my music for the guidance but isn't actually talking during the muted time and isn't beeping when I hit any buttons, or making any noises for that matter other than radio and cds? Anyone know if this is a simple fix like a wire being hooked up incorrectly or is this something wrong with the actual unit? I just bought it recently refurbished on eBay but I'm still under the 90 day manufacturers warranty. Thanks for your help guys.

I just checked the microphone cable, it's seated properly so that's not the problem.

I was looking more closely at all of the speaker wiring for my car and was wondering if someone had some more insight into what's wrong. This is the wiring harness I was told would work with my car and is currently installed between the factory harness and the Z2. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7301_Scosche+CR03SR.html So I connected all 8 of the speaker wires from the Scoche wiring harness to the Z2 wiring harness but when looking at the factory wiring harness for my Jeep, there are not wires in the rear speaker pins. There are only 4 speaker wires in my factory wiring harness, 2 for each front speaker. This is the pin out for my factory system http://wkjeeps.com/wk_audio_pinouts.htm. There are no wires in pins 18, 19, 20, 21 for the rear speakers. So now I'm confused since there are 6 speakers in my car, two on the dash, and one in each door. So does this mean all the left speakers are getting the same signal and all of the right speakers are getting the same signal. If that is the case, its fine, but how do I wire it correctly, since essentially now, the rear speaker wires from the Z2 are going into the scoche harness then into the factory harness where they just end? Anyone have any ideas?

You are using a module in your vehicle which my company makes (Peripheral Electronics) Should be the CHYAH05 or the P.A.C. equivelent. Either way you have it hooked up wire for wire and you matched them up properly. BUT when you have an amplified system like im sure you do you must hook the front outputs from the radio to the rears on our harness.

Reason is.....

the factory amplified system has two channel input. It then gets fed to the factory amp and the amp sends signal to all speakers. The two channel input just happens to line up with the rears of a stsyem thats not amplified. So right now i bet if you fade to the front you will loose all sound. Fade to the rear and you will get all sound back. If thats the case hook the white and gray wires to the green and purple wires and you should be good.

BTW.. Whites goes to green

Gray goes to purple

Since the voice prompts and all come out of the front channels you should then have voice prompts.

Let me know if this works. 8)

• 2 weeks later...