AVIC411.com

Taking the F700BT plunge! Just a couple quick questions....

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and I've finally decided to take the plunge and pick up a F7000BT. I have to say there is probably too much information on this site. :shock: I've done some searches and have noted all the hacks, mods and whatever but, there are a few things I'm not real clear on.

I'm going to do the install myself. I need a trim kit for my dash. I have a double din space and the F700 is the exact height as the stock radio but is narrower than stock. I need the spacers for the sides. I see Metra has them. Is there another source?

Is the blue dot that is supposed to indicate a factory updated FW located next to the barcode/SN label? There is a local dealer that has one but, there is no blue dot and it's dated May 2008. I know that I can do the update myself but, I just thought I'd try to pick up one that was already done. They had a Z unit in stock that had a small green dot/sticker by the barcoded sticker so, I would imagine this is where the blue dot should be for the F700BT.

I just got my F700BT as well.

I got the blue-dot package, so no need to update the FW.

I'm going to bypass the unit, moving and grounding the mute wire. I'm also grounding the Parking brake wire. I have the VSS connected, and the reverse wire connected.

I mounted my microphone in the driver side pillar trim, so it's out of the way. I will finish it all tonight, woo hoo!

Good luck with your install. Post thoughts here so we can compare notes, ok?

carcass