AVIC411.com

My experiances with the F90BT from our trip to the coast

Last week me and the wife took a trip from Montana out to the west coast covering about 2000 miles. I figured this would be a real good test of the F90BT and compare it to the D3 I used on last years trip. Upon returning I'd figure I'd do a write up on our experiances/problems with F90BT. I't didn't take long to get really tired of the long boot up time. I had the unit initially set to calculate the fastest route, however if we decided to take a different route the unit was constantly trying to get use to turn around instead of just recalculating for the curent route we where on, so it didn't take me long to change that setting.

The unit initially auto corrected for the time zone change but after a few days it reverted back to Mountian time even though we were still on Pacific time, and I wasn't ever able to correct this. The unit for the most part was accurate until we drove up to Mount St. Helens, then it was completely lost. This happened a few other places also but not near as bad. When programming an address to take us to, I found the unit to be right on and worked well and took us right to the door.

I was impressed with the WSM feature when it diverted our route due to a traffic jam in Portland, and would also show us construction zones on the screen. My ipod worked well for the most part, however it would for no reason disconnect once and a while, and to get it to reconnect, I'd have to unplug it then plug it back in. For some reason the order of the songs on my albums got all mixed up. Also it got to the point the VR dictionary up-dated everytime I started the vehicle. I don't know if that's a Pioneer or ipod issue.

In closing, overall because of these, and a few other minor glitchs with the F90BT, I personally liked the D3 better than the F90BT, because the D3 worked flawlessly and I thought had better features, I kind of miss that unit. I did install my old D3 in the wifes car so I suppose I could take it back and give her the F90BT

Last week me and the wife took a trip from Montana out to the west coast covering about 2000 miles. I figured this would be a real good test of the F90BT and compare it to the D3 I used on last years trip. Upon returning I'd figure I'd do a write up on our experiances/problems with F90BT. I't didn't take long to get really tired of the long boot up time. I had the unit initially set to calculate the fastest route, however if we decided to take a different route the unit was constantly trying to get use to turn around instead of just recalculating for the curent route we where on, so it didn't take me long to change that setting.

The unit initially auto corrected for the time zone change but after a few days it reverted back to Mountian time even though we were still on Pacific time, and I wasn't ever able to correct this. The unit for the most part was accurate until we drove up to Mount St. Helens, then it was completely lost. This happened a few other places also but not near as bad. When programming an address to take us to, I found the unit to be right on and worked well and took us right to the door.

I was impressed with the WSM feature when it diverted our route due to a traffic jam in Portland, and would also show us construction zones on the screen. My ipod worked well for the most part, however it would for no reason disconnect once and a while, and to get it to reconnect, I'd have to unplug it then plug it back in. For some reason the order of the songs on my albums got all mixed up. Also it got to the point the VR dictionary up-dated everytime I started the vehicle. I don't know if that's a Pioneer or ipod issue.

In closing, overall because of these, and a few other minor glitchs with the F90BT, I personally liked the D3 better than the F90BT, because the D3 worked flawlessly and I thought had better features, I kind of miss that unit. I did install my old D3 in the wifes car so I suppose I could take it back and give her the F90BT

she will be mad... but i had a d3 i would have kept it if it wasnt for those nav disk and the map database. other than that loved my d3 and it to was flawless other than the nav

she will be mad... but i had a d3 i would have kept it if it wasnt for those nav disk and the map database. other than that loved my d3 and it to was flawless other than the nav

I agree about the Nav Disks, that's the ONLY thing I did't like about my D3. They had a great performing full feature unit with the D3. If it had an internal drive instead of the disks I never would have thought about relpacing it with the F90BT. And you're right, she probably would be mad. :twisted: Oh, I forgot to mention the buffalo I hit in Yellowstone Park, did a little damage to my vehicle, to bad the F90BT can't warn you about those also. :shock: