AVIC411.com

Can you delay startup of Z1 till after engine start

I have a diesel that has to warm up glowplugs before starting engine. When I first turn the key switch on, I have to wait 10 to 20 Sec for the glowplugs to warm up prior to starting the engine. The z1 will start to boot up when I first turn on the switch, and then when I crank the engine, the z1 will shut off and then reboot. Is there a way to delay the startup of the z1 till after I acutally crank up the engine. I have the unit mounted in an H1 HUMMER with a 6.5 Turbo Diesel. The z1 is hooked up to the stock radio harness.

Thanks
Not to be a smart ass, why would you care? So it boots up and then restarts, does it bother you that you hear music for 10 seconds before you crank the engine over? It doesn't hurt anthing. Most of us deal with this same thing, just not to the same extreeme since I think most peoeple turn the key on, wait a second or 2 and then crank the engine. We still get a partial boot up, just don't hear any sound.
There's another option for you. Instead of hooking the red wire from the avic up to the red wire in the wire harness, you can run a lead directly from the ignition to the avic. Tie into the pink wire at the ignition. Just make sure you fuse the lead you run. Then when you actually crank the engine the avic won't turn off since the pink wire doesn't lose voltage.